Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptaran1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2015, 08:52 AM
    How do you remove pebble coat from driveway
    We purchased older home with a pebble coating on the driveway. This was done years ago and the pebble coating is half gone. We've been using a scrapper on parts of it, but this is going to take years! Is there any type of solvent that would dissolve the stuff holding the pebble coat on?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 20, 2015, 09:12 AM
    Have it paved over if you want rid of it. Anything that would remove it, would be harmful to the environment.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 20, 2015, 10:26 AM
    This is pebble coated what, concret?
    ptaran1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2015, 02:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    This is pebble coated what, concret?
    Yes it is concrete. The driveway was covered with this pebble layer and it looks like it was glued/epoxied to the concrete.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 21, 2015, 03:52 AM
    A high pressure washer should have course remove the pebbles, but not smooth the service. It does sound like merely putting a new service over it, would be advised

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to remove motor oil stain off asphalt driveway [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to remove a motor oil stain from an asphalt driveway. Are there any products that'll do the trick? I tried using dish liquid and water but it didn't work. The stain has been set in for awhile. Thanks!

Shared driveway with a fence at back part of driveway [ 2 Answers ]

We have a shared driveway with our neighbours. The portion of our driveway that is closest to back of house and yard is so narrow that it is impossible to park a car there. As a result we decided to fence in that portion of our upper driveway to add to our patio area. We built the fence in approx 6...

Brass drain installed incorrectly in pebble shower? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Experts. Thanks so much for looking at my question. I had some water damage on the ceiling one floor below this shower. I found some grout and caulk issues (holes) so I figured that's probably the issue. When I removed the caulk at the bottom edges of the walls, I found standing water...

How to remove driveway sealer from cement walkway [ 2 Answers ]

The previous owner of my house was sloppy and got a fair amount of driveway sealer on the cement walkways. It looks like he gave up and dried to cover them 100% in some areas. I'd really like to clean up the walkways by removing the sealer and resurfacing them or painting them with cement paint. ...

View more questions Search