Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Bigbo1943 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2015, 03:29 PM
    Does a child in Pennsylvania have rights to her mothers ashes or h
    My granddaughter would like to have her mothers ashes, but the step fathers is saying no that he is going to spread them over the ground. We live in Pennsylvania and my granddaughter will be 18 years old in 3 months. Does she have a right to at least ask for some of them. She now lives with me and will be going of to College in the Fall.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 19, 2015, 06:14 PM
    Of course she has the right to ask. But, unless her mother left instructions to the contrary, the step father, being the last husband has the final say.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 19, 2015, 08:34 PM
    Asking is everyone's right. Sadly, unless she left instructions on how her remains are to be handled, the husband has the right to do what he wants with her remains, be it cremation, burial, etc.

Sad to say that unless he agrees, there's little the daughter can do legally.

My condolences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mothers ashes [ 13 Answers ]

Does anyone know who I would need to contact about having my mom's ashes resumed. Thanks

Terminating a mothers parental rights. Who gets the child? [ 2 Answers ]

Grandparent or Bio father?? Bio father is in the military and is stationed over seas. The only reason the child in question isn't here is because both bio parents have to sign off on a child to leave the states. The mother hasn't had custody of the child. The child has been staying with a...

Can a father sign his rights over to a child in the state of Pennsylvania? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a father sign his rights over to a child in the state of Pennsylvania?

View more questions Search