Buddymehl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2015, 07:52 AM
    Signing child right over
    Ballpark cost
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2015, 07:56 AM
    How, when and where?

It can not happen, unless there is a step parent that is willing to adopt. A parent is not allowed just to sign over the rights (except for adoption)

If the parent is a danger to the child, perhaps is in prison with a long sentence, their rights may be taken away.

Does the other parent want to sign over his or her rights ? If they do not, then it will be very hard to do so.

Since it is almost always connected with an adoption, I would start it at 5000, if the parent is willing to sign, and 8000 to 10,000 retainer and sort of go from there if the parent is not willing to sign.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 17, 2015, 08:05 AM
    More info is needed.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 17, 2015, 09:00 AM
    Ballpark cost
    Ask an attorney in your jurisdiction. Asking for a rough estimate of how much it is going to cost will be free. Call one on the phone.

Of course you will probably be told at the same time that, as others have noted, it's not as simple as "signing over" parental rights. And, unless it's part of an adoption, the parent who wants to "sign over" the child will still have to pay child support.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing rights over for a child? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 1 child possibly 2 from a previous relationship... I never get tosee the kids and I am not a part of their life I would like to make adoption available for them if the mother finds that special someone... In the meantime I am ordered to pay child support on both children what can I do to...

Signing off on his child [ 3 Answers ]

Does a father have to sign off on both biological kids? My ex threatened me and said he will just sign off on his child if he has to go to court. He already has one child to me which he pays child support. Would he have to sign off on his first child as well? I'm worried that he will sign off on...

Signing over rights to a child [ 3 Answers ]

When I had my daughter, my boyfriend at the time was not the baby's father. He knew this and still signed the birth certificate. I was okay with this at the time. Several months later our relationship took a bad path... We are now splitting up and he will willing sign over his right or sign his...

Signing over custody of a child [ 1 Answers ]

If the mom wants to sign over custody of daughter to the dad how would they go about it

Signing right off a child to his mother [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the father has that right to signing his right over to the mother?

View more questions Search