Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ohiohunter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2015, 03:59 PM
    Hunting Ohio
    Can a non violent/non drug felon hunt in Ohio with a Muzzleloader.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 16, 2015, 06:05 AM
    Such a person can probably buy a hunting license. I believe what you are asking is whether he or she can legally possess and carry a muzzle-loading long gun.

It might not be a violation of the Federal Firearms Act - there is an exception for muzzleloaders designed or manufactured before 1898. So that would depend upon whether the weapon was designed after that year.

Whether the State of Ohio has further restrictions, however, is something else. Ohio Revised Code 223.14 only applies to persons convicted of a "violent" felony, or involved in illegal drug abuse, so it apparently isn't a problem. http://www.atf.gov/files/publication...-ohio-2010.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunting [ 2 Answers ]

Can I get a hunting license in Michigan if I have a felony in Florida

How to get Ohio hunting licence if you have a felony? [ 7 Answers ]

I have 2 felonies in taxes from about 12 years ago can I get Ohio hunting licence n go hunting ?

Hunting for arrowheads in Ohio [ 5 Answers ]

I want to take my family to Ohio just to go camping and go on arrowhead hunts, is there anywhere we could go to do this. Maybe a place that does this like a tourist type activity?

Hunting [ 2 Answers ]

Trade New Mexico hunt for??

Gone Hunting! [ 2 Answers ]

Gone hunting! Saturday morning I got up early, put on my long johns, dressed quietly, made my lunch, grabbed my shotgun and the dog, slipped quietly into the garage to load the truck, and proceeded to back out into a torrential downpour. There was snow mixed with the rain, and the wind was...

View more questions Search