Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liakim123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2015, 03:12 PM
    felony gun possession charge
    My friends brother got arrested for carrying a illegal weapon and he was a felon. He received a slap on the risk and probation. Recently, he was just arrested on a felony gun possession charge again. This is his first probation violation but what should she expect?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 15, 2015, 03:15 PM
    Jail time.
    Clearly he hasn't learnt anything,.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2015, 02:55 AM
    How and why he only got probation is beyond me? Good attorney? Bribe to the judge? Almost all gun possession charges by a felon end up with a 5 to 10 year sentence with at least 1/2 served.

So what was the probation time? 5 years probation? He can look at serving that. He should have a very very good attorney.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 16, 2015, 06:24 AM
    ... Recently, he was just arrested on a felony gun possession charge again. ...
    Both previous answers would depend, of course, on whether the court finds that he is guilty, again. In other words, arrest and guilt are not the same thing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun possession in New Jersey [ 2 Answers ]

My son is charged with possession of a gun. When the police came into the house he was at looking for somebody else, they found a gun hidden in the ceiling. There were 5 other people in the house. Everybody was arrested. His DNA was found on the gun. He jumped bail and in the meantime,...

Gun charge [ 3 Answers ]

My husband is in jail for stolen gun charge he is waiting to be indicted in MS. How long can it take

My son got a felony charge when he was sixteen and now he hole a second felony charge [ 1 Answers ]

With a gun charge. Does charge carry from your youth year in to uour adult life

A felony gun charge [ 13 Answers ]

My wife was charged with a possession of a firearm used in a robbery about 13 years ago in WA State. We would like to see how that is reduced or taken away or anything? Can you help?

How much time for second felony gun charge [ 3 Answers ]

I got pulld over with a gun in tha car. I'm on parole for felony possession of firearm. What's going to happen to me for me catching another gun charge on parole

View more questions Search