Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kelsarella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 05:28 PM
    Frequent, Irregular Menstruation?
    I've always had irregular periods and I've been diagnosed with menorrhagia, but they've always been once a month (lasting 10-14 days) or even less. Since February, however, I've had my period six times, each lasting 5-7 days. The start dates of each period have been: Feb 9, Feb 17, Mar 2, March 12, Apr 3, and now Apr 13. I only get a few days break between each cycle and I have no idea what's going on. I don't have health insurance, and the earliest appointment I can get at the clinic isn't until next week, so I was just hoping to figure out what some possible reasons could be for this horrible issue? My periods are also accompanied by a sharp pain in the left side of my pelvis, and the last time I had sex, it hurt. I've looked up a lot about irregular periods, but nothing has explained away how bad it's gotten to be. I might be a little stressed, but not so bad that it would cause me to menstruate every week, and I am exercising and trying to lose weight, but that wouldn't explain it either. I'm taking Hydroxycut pills, but even then I'm not taking the full dosage and I've researched the medical information on that as well, and found nothing that would cause this change. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I'm still planning on going to the doctor, but I am impatient and would like to at least know what to expect. Thank you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2015, 05:54 PM
    You researched Hydroxycut? You don't have to find associations with menorrhagia. If you have something 'wrong,' then stop taking it! It's claims are dubious. It has been reformulated several times after the ephedra scare. Companies have gone out of business and changed hands, yet people still cling to the hope that it will make them lose weight.

Stop now. The clinic will tell you to for sure, and you might delay getting good tests if you don't.
    kelsarella Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 07:44 PM
    I wasn't looking for connections to menorrhagia, I was looking for side effects that may be similar to frequent and irregular periods. In addition, the irregularity I have been experiencing began before I started using hydroxycut. I have used Hydroxycut before without any side effects. I was just stating that I have used it in order to give as much information as possible.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 07:54 PM
    I would think that such a condition as yours would be best treated by a doctor. Is there a reason you have not seen one?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2015, 08:21 PM
    Diet pills are mostly unregulated... do not do as promised and are often dangerous. The FDA only steps in if a lot of people die or suffer permanent debilitating injuries, and sometimes that takes years to happen. Just because they are allowed to be sold doesn't make them safe or effective.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 15, 2015, 06:31 AM
    My suggestion to quit is based on the fact that you are impatient. Yes, you can have all sorts of tests (usually starting with ultrasound) to look for cysts, fibroids, endometrisis, PID, PCOS, etc, and you can have blood work for things like hyperthyroid and other hormonal imbalances, but medical care these days is all about saving money, and what doctor is going to proceed without making you stop this supplement first? It has killed people, depending on the ingredients at the time, which keep changing, being unregulated.

You seem to have a very common notion that areas of the human body and chemistry are distinct from each other. "This isn't associated with that." Everything in you is associated in some way with every other part of you. And we vary a lot from each other!

Recent lab analysis of some unregulated supplements have shown that too many of them don't contain ANY of what they say the contain, and DO contain ingredients not on the bottle.

But if you want to argue, feel free. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irregular menstruation [ 2 Answers ]

My period had been irregular for the past 2 months now and at the same time I have been having pregnancy symptoms like sore and erect nipples and I have done 3 pregnancy home test with 1 blood test which all came negative.please is there a possibility of been pregnant?

Is having irregular menstruation can still be pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

My girl friend is 16 years old. She has a irregular menstruation. She feels sleepy, carving for food that she doesn't wants. She said the her last mensuration is Aug. 28. We have sex on Sept. 22. But she doesn't have her menstruation on the month of Sept. now she feels like that? Is that the...

Irregular menstruation [ 0 Answers ]

I took plan B around September 1st. Then got my period around September 8th or 9th, and It's still persistent and today is the 19th of September. Is this normal?

Irregular Menstruation [ 0 Answers ]

Dear Doctor, I've been menstruating on 26th October 2011, but it is still going on up till now 18th November 2011. I am engaged and I am having sexual activities with my partner and I'm still having my menses. I really need an advice please. Thank You Nadia.

Irregular frequent periods [ 1 Answers ]

I am having my period every 14 days . This has happened 3 times now and this time there are clots and its heavier and more painful then ever, I had a n abortion ( I wished I wouldn't have) 3 and a half months ago. Could this be serious

View more questions Search