Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nhagh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 10:09 AM
    Can I file later, If I found that I don't owe to IRS for 2014.
    Hi,
    I found that our joint income is less than the Federal limit ($20300), can I file after the April 15, 2015 deadline without any penalties, if it is possible what is the due date?
    Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 10:19 AM
    Technically, you should request an extension by mailing in Form 4868.

However, if you owe NO tax, then there is no actual penalty for filing late, as all late fees and interest is based on the taxes owed.
    nhagh Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 12:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTaxExpert View Post
    Technically, you should request an extension by mailing in Form 4868.

However, if you owe NO tax, then there is no actual penalty for filing late, as all late fees and interest is based on the taxes owed.
    Thank you.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 12:48 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

To reduce the money I owe the IRS [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, For the year 2008, me and my wife made a combined wage of 162,000 (I made 85,000 and my wife made 77,000). Our combined salary falls in the 28% tax category and I just found (through TaxActonline.com) out that I owe IRS around 8000$ (since I opted to pay less taxes on my regular paycheck)....

I owe the IRS over 4,500 [ 9 Answers ]

I owe the IRS 4500 for filing incorrectly in 2005. I receive tax refund in 2006 (This was filed correctly) I was wondering when I file this year, will my refund be withheld? What can I do to Start repayment? Help!! ::confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

Why do I owe the IRS $50 dollars? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I recently gave my tax information to a CPA and he told me I will probablt owe the IRS about $50.My question is how after paying $600 in taxes on a $6000 401k and also paying $900 in taxes on my regular 1040 form on a taxable income of $4150.I also drew unemployment last year after...

I owe IRS backtaxes and I am on SSD [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I am receiving tax bills from the IRS... I am on SSD and that is my only income... What can the IRS do to me?

View more questions Search