Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ptaran1 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 08:24 AM
    We have two separate companies. What company do I pay real estate tax from?
    We are a small C Corp doing business in Oklahoma. We own our building and were advised to place it in a separate company which we did. The company was set up as an S Corp. We pay a monthly rent to the S Corp and our lease states that we are responsible for all expenses. We've been paying both the real estate and personal property tax from the C Corp. Does this make a difference when filing our taxes that the real estate taxes are listed on our C Corp financials? Thanks, Peg
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 09:20 AM
    I see no problem with the C Corporation paying the property taxes, as that is what is required by the lease.

However, corporate taxes are NOT my specialty, so take my opinion for what it is worth.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue real estate title company? [ 0 Answers ]

I purchased a home in 2008 in New York and my deed has not been recorded. I have contacted my real estate attorney on numerouis occasions and it still has not been done. She advised that the mortgage broker went out of business. However, I contacted the Title company directly since December 2011...

Ownership of real estate company [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone own a real estate company (brokerage) and not be a real estate agent or broker, but hire a broker instead?

How to start a real estate holding company [ 2 Answers ]

Any body please tell me about how to start a real estate holding company

Can credit card companies put a lien on Real estate investment properties? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Florida. I have 3 investment properties with mortgages and very little equity left in them. If I default on on my credit card debt can they put a lien on these properties. My expesnse each month far exceed my income. Thanks for your advice. Ed O'Connell

Salary for a REgional VP of Real Estate Company [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone knew what the annual salary might be for a Regional Vice President in the Real Estate Industry? Salary, benefits, retirement, bonuses? Thanks!

View more questions Search