Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ampsangels Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2015, 02:21 AM
    Teacher is telling my daughters boyfriend that if he dates her he cant play FB
    My daughter and her boyfriend are sophmores in HS and his parents are Mormon, we are Catholic. His parents have told him they will send him away if he sees her anymore. The are verbally abusive too. But the kids make each other so happy and don't want to split.
    The boyfrineds parents have been spreading rumors about my daughter, to their friends, church, pretty much anyone they know. We are new to the area, my daughter is sick with a horrible disease and doesn't get out much, she is always with me, other than when she can make it to school. His mom is the secretary at the school and has been talking bad about my daughter there and with students & staff! Her BF is a wonderful athlete and we just found out now that one of the coaches had a"talk" with her BF and basically said that if he has a GF he's not 100% committed to playing and you won't play! And two months before this the coach told his daughter that he was good friends with my daughters BF's parents and was going to do everything in is power to break them up! I don't understand this at all! My daughter is sweet and a good girl... she couldn't be bad even if she wanted to because of her disease. This has hurt her so deeply and she is so upset, I'm pissed! Adults doing this to a sick little girl! I need to know what to do and how to go about it... his mom has all her little friends to back her up and I don't know anyone. It just keeps getting worse and her BF is so depressed and suicidal now at times. His parents have him so scared and he is a really good kid. They control him like he's in prison too!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 04:21 AM
    Most of what you posted does not make a lot of sense. Who is telling you this? Sounds to me there is some here say going on and you need to calm down and sort it all out to get to the bottom of it.

You must talk to his parents, talk to the coach. You must validate all of this before you do something you will regret later on.

Most does not sound feasible. Just what kind of disease does your daughter have ?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 04:40 AM
    How long have you been in this community? You posted in the law forum, but I fail to see any legal remedy for any of this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 04:45 AM
    As soon as the other parents objected to the relationship, the responsible parents of the other child, would have 1. talked to them 2. and if they did not want them dating or seeing each other,

The other parent has their child also stop seeing them. To encourage or support a relationship where the other parents have objected is not correct.
    Had you just told your daughter that since his parents did not approve she needs to stop seeing him. Then none of this would have happened.

Without knowing what was being said, is it true? If the truth is being told, then there is nothing that can be done.

As for as sports, some coaches do have rules, that players do not date, since sports take a lot of time and energy.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 14, 2015, 05:26 AM
    I don't understand why you say 'horrible disease' instead of what it is. You just have us all wondering horrible things! Especially when you say that she couldn't be bad if she wanted to. I'm trying to think of a horrible disease that would allow you to go to school yet not be 'bad.'

Mainly, I agree that if ANY parent in ANY young teen romance objects to it, that's the end of it. A minor child is under the control of his or her parents. You don't get to overrule the other parents in this situation. And if you enable the kids such as at your house you could be in legal trouble.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 06:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    ... Sounds to me there is some here say going on ...
    "Hearsay" is the word (one word, not two) you want (Think "hear" plus "say").
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2015, 06:19 AM
    First, I have to agree with the others. You have to confirm what you have been told. Maybe ask the principal to intercede and get all the parties in one room to discuss it. Does anyone know of this "horrible disease"? Could that be the reason these people don't want their son associating with your daughter? Also Mormons are a very insular religious group and don't like interaction with outsiders.

But the bottom line here is you and your daughter and the BF have to respect his parents edicts. As long as they are minors they have to obey the parents.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 06:24 AM
    It would seem as a parent you would explain to your daughter that his parents are against this dating thing, so it should stop, just for those reasons, and you should help her understand it, and get through it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    "Hearsay" is the word (one word, not two) you want (Think "hear" plus "say").
    Yes I know that but thanks for correcting my faux pas; although you could have left it alone. I am not a juvenile to be corrected AK.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the movie where the student dates a teacher that shoots his leg [ 0 Answers ]

He shoots his leg and dies his hair blond. But the student also dates her friend sort of. And her teacher is a guy

My boyfriend is telling me he wants to see what's else is out there [ 3 Answers ]

Ok so here it is.. I'm 21 years old. I been in only one long term relationship in which I been giving it my all. Both even lost our v-card, got a good start, moved in together, everything picture perfect to my eyes although we had some small fights nothing we couldn't fix and then we had a big...

Telling parents that I want to play hockey [ 9 Answers ]

I have noticed that this sprot is very aggressive and that is the kind of person that I am. I don't know how to ask to tell them that I want to play hockey. Here's another problem, how much would it cost to play including the equipment would cost?

College basketball earning respect before the teacher allows them to play [ 1 Answers ]

I saw a film a while ago, it was about a college basketball team in which the students were allowed to play. They're new teacher wanted the students to earn respect and attend classes. Until this the students basketball matches are cancelled. The parents of the students petition against the ban and...

My puppy learning to be social by having play dates with my daughter's adult male pom [ 2 Answers ]

Do you think my 11 week old pom female puppy will learn anything about being a better dog by being with my daughter's, a little over a year old, male pom dog. My daughter's dog, Bear, is a very well adjusted dog. I call Bear my grandpuppy and he is a real joy to be with. I'm hoping my Sophie...

View more questions Search