Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittymolly123 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2015, 09:52 PM
    I'm 13 and dating a 16 year old guy, it it OK?
    I'm 13 and dating a 16 year old guy. I was wondering if its OK. Our parents are fine with it and we really love each other. Most of you will think I'm too young to know what love is, but I do know what it is. Please answer😊
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 09:58 PM
    As a parent I would never allow my 13 year old to date a 16 year old. You are both in different stages of life. Also, it is quite possible he could go to jail if there is any form of sexual contact.

Thus, he could be labeled a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Apr 13, 2015, 10:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    As a parent I would never allow my 13 year old to date a 16 year old. You are both in different stages of life. Also, it is quite possible he could go to jail if there is any form of sexual contact.

Thus, he could be labeled a sex offender for the rest of his life.
    We would never do anything sexual anyway, our parents trust us and we would never do anything stupid. 😊
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Apr 13, 2015, 10:15 PM
    I think its fine to date, as long as there is no sexual thing is happening. B,because the law prohibits that, as J_9 has stated. :)
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 10:26 PM
    16 year old boys have sex on the brain. He WILL try to get you to have sex. It's just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Precious7 View Post
    I think its fine to date, as long as there is no sexual thing is happening. B,because the law prohibits that, as J_9 has stated. :)
    Precious, you don't have any children do you? If you did, you would understand the differences between children 13 years old and 16 years old.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    16 year old boys have sex on the brain. He WILL try to get you to have sex. It's just a matter of time.

Precious, you don't have any children do you? If you did, you would understand the differences between children 13 years old and 16 years old.
    I don't know why people keep saying that. Not all 16 year olds have sex on their brain. I have known him for a while and I trust him. The difference between 13 yr olds and 16 yr olds is not that much. If you knew him like I do, you would understand.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:13 PM
    I said its fine to date, what I meant was going out and just getting to know each other. I agree with you about the stage the boy would be going through in his 16 but I think for me its OK to go out and know each other, without any sexual contacts. I want to be clear NO sexual contacts. No matter whether the girl is 13 or 16.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:15 PM
    I said its fine to date, what I meant was going out and just getting to know each other. I agree with you about the stage the boy would be going through in his 16 but I think for me its OK to go out and know each other, without any sexual contacts. I want to be clear NO sexual contacts. No matter whether the girl is 13 or 16.
    Thanks for understanding :) we have been on a few dates and he is not sexual at all.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:15 PM
    But I would like to add, you both are in a different stages and also there are so many changes happening in you physically, mentally, psychologically (both). And eventually there will be a desire in both of your mind to go further in your relationship, like being sexual. But its not good to act upon those feelings b'cos it may cost you big, for example, Emotional, psychological scars if the relationship doesn't work out, disease, loss of interest in you academics etc, etc. So its better to stay away till you cross this age bridges.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:19 PM
    sorry having problem with posting answers! I just posted twice. lol
    Its OK lol :)
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 11:32 PM
    You are 13. I am 50. I've raised 2 boys and one girl. I also have a 13 year old son at home. I was once 13. I was also 16 at one time. While this is all new to you, I have a ton of experience. I've delivered babies to 13 year old girls who were convinced to have sex to "prove their love" to the boy.

At 13 you are probably in grade 7. At 16 he is probably in grade 10.

I would never ever allow my 13 year old, boy or girl, to date a 16 year old. You are in different stages of life. You are preparing to go to high school while he should be preparing to go to college.

Age difference is less of a matter once you reach your 20s. But right now the two of you have little in common.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:45 PM
    I'm actually from new zealand so grades are different. I'm in year 9 and he is year 12 so we are both in college. Our parents have known each other for years or maybe decades. I trust him and our parents trust us.
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 11:48 PM
    If you want approval ask your friends. If you want the truth, ask adults. Virtually every person here is an adult with children your age. I don't believe your parents are okay with this or you wouldn't be here asking our opinion.

Apr 13, 2015, 11:50 PM
    I'm just asking if other teenagers are in the same situation
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 06:19 AM
    If your parents are okay then its okay, but be aware when the kissing starts if he doesn't have sex on the brain yet, he will. Its just the nature of things.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/teens/...ss-810484.html
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2015, 06:32 AM
    College must mean something different to you then it means in the US. When we are talking about college it may be what you call university.

But the bottom line here is that this is up to your parents. If they are OK with it, why are you asking? What do you mean by "is it OK"?

In my opinion 13 is too young to date. Especially someone 3 years older. A 3 year difference is at the limit for teenagers. When you are both adults 3 years is nothing. You show why you are too young to date. You claim to be in love with him after only a few dates. That indicates you are more in love with the idea of being in love then the reality of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

14 year old dating a 17 year old guy laws. [ 13 Answers ]

I am a 14 year old girl turning 15 in January and I'm dating a 17 year old guy who is turning 18 in April , is there any laws to say this is wrong because my dad keeps threatening to call the police and I don't want him to get in trouble

14 year old girl dating a 17 year old guy? Is it right or wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

So I like this guy a lot and we have hung out for a VERY long time BUT he is 17 and I am 14! Is it right or wrong to date him, if he asks me out!

What's wrong with a 20 year old guy, dating 12 year old? [ 7 Answers ]

Hey... I agree with y'all... but I'm 12 and well I really like this 20 year old so I'm with ashley... I think if yhu really love him and he is willing to wait for yhu then go ahead:) haha my mom hasn't found out about the 20 year old boy I like yet, but I've had wayy to many close calls... :/ and...

21 year old guy dating a 12 year old girl. [ 18 Answers ]

OK so here's the problem: My daughter has had a crush on this 21 year old guy for a while, but that's all I thought it was. Now he appears to like her as well, and I don't know what to do. Personally I met my husband when I was 17 and he was 29, so saying no because of the age difference just seems...

17 year old girl dating a 14 year old guy [ 5 Answers ]

All right... im 17. Well I just turned 17 and I met this guy and at first I thought he was 16 and he looks like it! I started liking him and him liking me and we got really close and I really liked him. Then I found out he was only 14 years old. I don't know what to do. Even after I found out I...

View more questions Search