Ask
    Johntheflyguy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2015, 06:48 PM
    Can a 3/4 supply line supply 5 showers
    I am putting in 5 showers and I would like to know if a 3/4 line is good
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 07:10 PM
    Most showers are plumbed with 1/2" so , on the surface your 3/4 should be fine. However, what are the chances all 5 would be used at the same time? Additional questions would be regarding your hot water supply, an tank cant support 5 running at the same time. Some tankless instant on heaters could do it be only very large units.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 08:28 PM
    You are telling us only one piece of the puzzle. We also need to know what is the incoming pressure and developed length of that 3/4" pipe at the most distant shower. Moreover, we need to know whether you are installing these 5 showers in residential house or is it commercial property ( school, gym, spa, etc ). Furthermore, is that 3/4" a main run with 1/2" branches to each shower valve ? Lastly, are those 5 shower the only plumbing fixtures connected to that 3/4" pipe ? Please, clarify.

In my area of operation, 3/4" pipe would never fly, especially in commercial application

Back to you

Milo

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Supply Line [ 11 Answers ]

I am running a supply line from my house to an outbuilding, where I will be supplying a bathroom (Complete with Shower), and a sink. I have done a trench 3 ft deep (Frost line in NC is 18 inches) to the building. I am planning on using 3/4 buryable pex. My question is where is the best place to...

Clog in water supply lines after replacing section at main municipal supply... [ 1 Answers ]

I had an exposed water supply line that ran from the city inlet to my house. It was old and rusty so we decided to replace it with a PEX pvc piping. It's the same dia. (3/4") and we replace the one 90 elbow with a 45 instead. When we turned the water back on, it had no pressure, and after my...

How to increase pressure in supply line after addition of tee in line(05 [ 2 Answers ]

I added an outdoor frostfree water valve to the cold water supply line by teeing it in. The supply lines is .5 inch copper pipe as is the added line and fittings. The water source is a well. The water pressure seems to have dropped a lot even when using only one faucet at a time. The added line is...

Supply line won't stop running. Main water supply off [ 3 Answers ]

I was doing some bathroom remodeling and attempted to remove an old supply valve. It would not budge so I decided to cut the copper tubing underneath it and put on a new shutoff valve with a compression fitting. The problem is that water just kept coming out of that supply line. The main water...

Changed out radiator w/copper supply baseboard w/ pex supply [ 2 Answers ]

And there is no heat in eminating from this baseboard. This was done in one room only and off the original radiator line.the system is all hotwater radiator w/the exception of this one room. We did not change the original heating supply line to this but added valves and then the pex. Seems the hot...

View more questions Search