Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    justbrenda10 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2015, 08:30 AM
    Driving on suspended license while on probation
    I received a ticket for driving on a suspended license in CA. Will I automatically reveive a probation violation
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 08:46 AM
    No, you will have a hearing, and the matter goes before a judge for dispensation.

Criminal attorneys explain "California Probation Violation Hearings"

If you violate the conditions of your California misdemeanor probation or felony probation, you will have to attend a California probation violation hearing—also known as a probation revocation hearing—before a judge.1
    Depending on the circumstances of your case, the judge at your probation violation hearing may decide to:

1. Reinstate your probation on the same terms and conditions,
    2. Change the terms of your probation to make them more stringent, or
    3. Revoke your probation – and send you to jail.2

Best have a representative.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 01:31 AM
    Many factors, what is the probation for? Is there any first offender programs, did it have to do with losing your license?

You can expect it to cause a longer wait to ever get a license. But be sure and report this to the PO, many times the actual offense does not get you in trouble, it is the non reporting of minor things.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2015, 03:44 PM
    Be glad if they don't send you to jail for a year just for this alone. In Virginia you are almost certain to be hauled off in handcuffs from the court when you lose. That's even without a parole violation. Seen it happen to a lot of people, they are always first on the docket in traffic court. They take that really serious here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Driving with a suspended license [ 2 Answers ]

If someone drives my car without a license, if there is no accident, and gets pulled over... would I be in trouble.

Driving on Suspended license [ 1 Answers ]

What is the punishment in Florida for driving on a suspened license for a dui case which has not gone to court yet, been almost 4 yrs. After being ticketed, discovered license was eligible to be reinstated 3yrs ago.License is now valid.

Driving while on a suspended license [ 12 Answers ]

Hello. Here's my deal, my PA license was suspended in April of 2010, for a total of 18 months for a DUI. My residence is still in PA, but my car is now here in New Jersey because I work out of here( I get back to PA about once a month) I was stopped in NJ today for speeding (going 39 in a 25 zone)...

What will happen if you get caught driving on a suspended license while on probation? [ 4 Answers ]

My fiancé got caught driving while on a suspended license/learners permit. He is on supervised probation for a burglary crime(stupid one time decision) for 18 months and August will be one year since he's been on probation. He hasn't done anything since being on probation since last August so this...

Violation of probation and driving on a suspended license [ 3 Answers ]

My fiancé was arrested on the July 11th. He was charged with violation of probation and driving on a suspended license 3rd offense, but he has never been caught before so it should only be his 1st offense, I'm not sure what happened with that. He got a $500 bond for driving on a suspended license...

View more questions Search