Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gregc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2015, 04:25 AM
    Mobile home moving-age restrictions
    Is there an age requirement of a mobile home to be moved?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 06:37 AM
    From where to where?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 13, 2015, 06:24 AM
    In some places, apparently, yes.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 13, 2015, 05:34 PM
    I can read your question 2 ways. Required to be moved off a lot if it is too old and deteriorated OR Age limit allowing an old MH to be moved in. In either case, check with the local zoning or permitting officials. In some locations there is a limit as to how old a MH can be, due to safety of 50 year old MH's and also the age limit of a MH to be moved, some place a 20 year age limit.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Apr 14, 2015, 08:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    I can read your question 2 ways. Required to be moved off a lot if it is too old and deteriorated OR Age limit allowing an old MH to be moved in. In either case, check with the local zoning or permitting officials. In some locations there is a limit as to how old a MH can be, due to safety of 50 year old MH's and also the age limit of a MH to be moved, some place a 20 year age limit.
    I was reading it as regarding moving a MH on the local highways and byways. As I indicated, apparently some locations have regulations which won't allow older MHs to be so moved.

On the other hand, if the question is whether a MH can be put on the lot, this would depend upon local zoning codes, as opposed to a highway permitting process.

Finally, by my count, you are suggesting three interpretations of the question, the third being in the nature of a condemnation process for an older MH. For that, the ball would be in the government's court; and there may be eminent domain issues (i.e.: the owner might have to be compensated). If that is what is meant, I would definitely not ask them: it would be asking for trouble.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 14, 2015, 02:20 PM
    2 or 3. When you are 74, options diminish!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mobile home moving [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 1987 mobile home that we remodled all the walls, etc. What I'd like to know is: do mobile home parks take older mobile home? And how would I get an expert to check it out?

Moving a Mobile Home [ 4 Answers ]

I own a Mobile Home in Florida. I was told be a mover that my trailer was over ten years old and couldn't be moved and re set up due to a new Florida law. If so please let me know which law it is. Thank you Joe Nobles

Moving my mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know if I can move my 1967 Ritzcraft mobile home legally in the state of Kentucky

What is the age of moving a old mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know the age of moving a older mobile home

Moving a mobile home [ 1 Answers ]

I sold a mobile home approx 90 days ago and the people who bought it have still not moved it I was wondering how long they had by law to move it off my property

View more questions Search