Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    101687 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2015, 12:25 AM
    Getting Pregnant with Protected Sex
    Hi, I am 27 years old. Can I get pregnant if we do protected sex during and after my ovulation period? Is it OK do have frequent protected sex? Will I still get pregnant in that case?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 02:52 AM
    Whenever you have sex you run the risk of pregnancy. There is no form of protection that is 100% effective.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 07:03 AM
    You can get pregnant no matter the protection you use, whenever you have sex. Many have before using many forms of protection at the same time.

The chances may be slim, but it only takes one chance. You could be that one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 07:07 AM
    If protection? You mean condoms, a condom has a 3 to 18 percent failure rate.
    Also how do you know your ovulation date? Online or phone apps are merely estimates, and not exact, while they are close for many women, they can be completely wrong for others, Proper testing for ovulation is the only way to really know. ** I doubt you are doing that.

While timing of sex, can most certainly lower the risk, you will have a risk anytime you have sex.

You should be using at least two methods of birth control and some women still get pregnant.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 12, 2015, 07:15 AM
    I used condoms, birth control pill, AND spermicide. I got pregnant, not once, but TWICE, my boys are 28 and 27. I was going through early menopause, I got pregnant, my daughter is 21. I had chemotherapy and was told it would make me sterile. My son is 13.

The moral of the story is that if you aren't ready to be a parent, don't have sex.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Could I be pregnant when I had my period 3 days after protected sex? [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I did use a condom. But 3 days after intercourse, I noticed some blood and I can't tell if it's my period or spotting. But then again, my last period ended 1 week and 6 days ago before the sex. Should I be worried?

I had protected sex with my boyfriend. Can I be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend wore Trojan brand condoms while we had sex this month. The condoms were not expired and we checked them for breakage after finishing. He blows air into them to check if air comes out. We used AstroGlide lube. He didn't "finish" inside of me. With the condom still on, he pulled out,...

14 years old had protected sex and could I be pregnant?? [ 1 Answers ]

So me and this guy I really liked decided in the last day of school to hang out so we walked to a local park and found a peaceful and private place which happened to be a drainage ditch between two ponds I was just ending my period at the time and he put on a condom and got ontop of me and the pain...

What can lower the risks of getting pregnant with protected sex just to b safe? [ 4 Answers ]

Hai! Okay I'm still a virgin but have been having thoughts on having protected sex with my boyfriend... To b safe can someone giv me some good advice on what to do and what not to do please?

Can I be pregnant from protected sex [ 7 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend had protected sex on 20th of this month.. neither he ejaculated.. and he penetrated for 10 seconds.. I get my periods on around 30th of every month... could I still be pregnanat?. m scared..

View more questions Search