Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cute crocodile Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2015, 12:05 PM
    Need help with a older sci fi movie
    I long ago watched a sci fi movie, I whould love to Watch Again. However I simply cant remember what it's called.

It is about a dark future, where people starve I think, if I remember correct. And then some resistance Guys, has to break into, some high tech Facility, controlled by some evil government, or organisation to destroy it, or steal something I think. Actually it could be Water, that they didn't have instead of starving. My memory is very rusty here. I think it is from the 80s or 90s. I tried to Google, and imdb it, but I cant seem to find the right one. So I was hoping anyone in here, could remember this science fiction movie. As I recall it, it was quite good. Hope anyone will help me with this mystery.
    Thanks Again.
    Cute crocodile
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 11, 2015, 12:49 PM
    One possibility is Solarbabies: Solarbabies (1986) - IMDb

Another movie that has the 'resistance' breaking into a high tech facility is Tank Girl: Tank Girl (1995) - IMDb

Do you remember any titles from your search that you dismissed? It might help narrow down the field and trigger thoughts of lesser known/remembered movies.

Apr 12, 2015, 08:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    One possibility is Solarbabies: Solarbabies (1986) - IMDb

Another movie that has the 'resistance' breaking into a high tech facility is Tank Girl: Tank Girl (1995) - IMDb

Do you remember any titles from your search that you dismissed? It might help narrow down the field and trigger thoughts of lesser known/remembered movies.
    It isn't tank girl, since I watched that some time ago, in search for this other movie. Nor is it solarbabies, it's to family kind of a movie and to light.

I don't think it was a really popular movie, not sure though since I don't remember much.

But it's not:
    Dune
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Black moon rising
    Escape from New York or L.A.
    Blade runner
    Tank girl.
    The fortress 1 or 2
    Total recall
    The running man
    Dark city
    Solarbabies

Maybe it could be a old Rutgar Hauer movie. Im really lost here. I know I have a really bad description.

But as I recall it, It is a very dark movie, many night scenes, no lights on the street. Kind of dark like Dark City. I also remember some action scene, on the street maybe in front of a library or something. I also think the movie starts with text, and narration why the world has gone crazy, or shortened the population. It's something about staying alive. And in order to stay alive. They need to break in, or destroy some high tech building. Or it could be a virus they need to plant, or extract some data. I am completely lost lol

I am checking out split second next.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Apr 13, 2015, 08:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cute crocodile View Post
    It isn't tank girl, since I watched that some time ago, in search for this other movie. Nor is it solarbabies, it's to family kind of a movie and to light.

I don't think it was a really popular movie, not sure though since I don't remember much.

But it's not:
    Dune
    Johnny Mnemonic
    Black moon rising
    Escape from New York or L.A.
    Blade runner
    Tank girl.
    The fortress 1 or 2
    Total recall
    The running man
    Dark city
    Solarbabies

Maybe it could be a old Rutgar Hauer movie. Im really lost here. I know I have a really bad description.

But as I recall it, It is a very dark movie, many night scenes, no lights on the street. Kind of dark like Dark City. I also remember some action scene, on the street maybe in front of a library or something. I also think the movie starts with text, and narration why the world has gone crazy, or shortened the population. It's something about staying alive. And in order to stay alive. They need to break in, or destroy some high tech building. Or it could be a virus they need to plant, or extract some data. I am completely lost lol

I am checking out split second next.

Any help will be much appreciated.
    Ok watched split second. And unfortunately that isn't the one neither.
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11

Apr 15, 2015, 01:22 PM
    Just taking a stab, but try Soylent Green 1973 with Charlton Heston.

Apr 15, 2015, 01:47 PM
    I must say it sounds promosing. I will check it out! THANKS
    wonthewest Posts: 138, Reputation: 11

Apr 15, 2015, 03:11 PM
    Don't read about plot. It will spoil ending.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for Movie Title: Sci Fiction genre. Sci Fi experts couldn't help! [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to find the title of a movie in the Sci Fiction genre. Unfortunately, the Sci Fi experts couldn't help me with this one, so I'm taking a chance and hoping that you might be able to help me. Could you please help me try to figure out a movie from somewhere back in the early 80's? Back...

80's war sci fi horror movie - forgot the title of the movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have been looking for the title on a movie that I saw when I was a kid in the mid 80's. The movie was set during the war ( I think it was during the nazi era ). I remember at the beginning that they are all walking on a path and discover some sort of tower or castle that is sealed shut. They...

Sci Fi Movie Expert - Dying Sun Movie With Android [ 1 Answers ]

I saw this movie roughly five years ago on Television - it could have been made for TV, but was pretty high quality; and it has been killing me to find this! There was a spacecraft with crew; and a man and woman who have a romantic scene; at the end the woman ended up being an Android and she...

Looking for the title of an older BBC Sci Fi mini series [ 1 Answers ]

I have been pulling out my hair trying to find what I remember to be a BBC mini-series that aired on the syfy channel some time ago. All that I can remember about the program is that it involved a young British doctor who traveled across some kind of dark border to an alternate dimension. His...

View more questions Search