Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casanova12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 06:15 AM
    No period after an abortion
    I had a surgical abortion done on January 31, 07 and have not had a period (spotting for 3 days). It has been almost 3 months and I am getting scared. I called my doctor and she said everything was fine. She said the same after my 2 week check up. After the procedure and they said I was fine but I still have had no period. What should we do I can't afford to pay for another visit to the doctor.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 10, 2007, 06:19 AM
    It takes a while for your periods to regulate after being pregnant. Whether you carry to term and deliver or terminate, you still have hormones in your body that have to reach your normal levels. Since I don't know how far along you were when you chose to terminate, it is hard to say.

However, listen to your doctor. She knows you better than we do here on the internet where all is anonymous. She knows your medical history, we do not.

It can take 6 months to maybe a year for some gals to get a regular period again.

You did get on birth control after the abortion I hope? This could also be causing your lack of periods.
    qiaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2013, 03:13 AM
    I had abortion in Oct of 2012 the same day I got on birth control.. I'm scared that I might be pregnant..
    Because I haven't had a period what should I do??
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 09:02 AM
    Were you having unprotected sex immedately? I know they recommend that you avoid sexual congress after an abortion for a few weeks. They've inflicted trauma on all your lady bits and introducing a penis to the situation is all bad.

When did you become sexually active and what birth control are you on? Depending on the birth control you could be months between periods.
    qiaa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2013, 09:16 AM
    I waited 2 1/2 weeks I'm on the implanon.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 AM
    I had done some reading on that form of birth control. IT sounds like that implant has the side effect of removing your period after a few months of use. There was some information about how long you should wait until you have unprotected sex while using this rod.

First off I would do some more reading up on your birthcontrol. You seem to be lacking a lot knowledge about it and how it affects your body. You should probably talk to your doctor about the situation. You're probably not pregnant but missing your period because of the birth control. I can say that with absolute certainty because I know of people on this site who've used three different methods of birth control and still managed to get pregnant.

Talk to your doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 weeks after abortion, still no period. Could I be pregnant? [ 13 Answers ]

I had an abortion using misoprostol alone in October 25th ( I live in a country where abortion is illegal). I started bleeding the same day I took the medication and had very painful cramps. I also passed a large clot. I stopped bleeding 6 days after, so I went to the doctor and she made me a...

Abortion? [ 54 Answers ]

I haven't told anyone about this... if I had a baby now id would be so unhappy. I don't have the money or the time kto put into it... same with my boyfriend... we are not married yet, we are taking things one step at a time, if we had a baby it would screw up our plans. You know? Well if I turn...

Still no period after abortion [ 3 Answers ]

If I had THE abortion on May 5, 2006 and I started my birth control pills on that Sunday may 7, 2006 It is now July 1, 2006 shouldn't I have a period by now I am finished with my second pack of pills.today.I took a test like two three days ago but it said negative... what going on

Abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Abortion I have a an abortion on the 29th of sept. I was fine after the abortion I had little to no bleeding.. on the days following the surgery . Now 9 week after the procedure I still have not had my period. I am having cramps which I thought where periods but still no periods. I am not...

View more questions Search