Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mamalauna Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 06:02 AM
    I Am where I Am Seeking Improvement
    I am a hairstylist, more , I could say a healing artist. I am on my own with two children. An eleven year old girl Lilysky and a four year old Sebstian. I live in Kittery, Maine and would like to get a grant for 25,000 to start my own business. Can you help me?

Sincerely, Launa Keenan
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 07:25 AM
    Mama, please take a look at the Small Business Administration's website. They do offer government grants and loans to people who qualify. You might be able to get a loan based upon the fact that you are a minority (woman). But, you have to do some legwork here. You need to set up a business plan and really need to have all your ideas and intentions well outlined.

The other thing offered by the SBA is people who mentor. Those are usually retired business owners who donate their time to help people like you make their dreams into a reality. It is kind of like a paying it forward concept. They were once in your shoes and are willing to help someone younger get a step up in life. Here is the link, please read through it carefully. Connect with a mentor. They are great advisors and may have more ideas as to where to find grants and loans.
    SBA

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Home Improvement rip-off? [ 3 Answers ]

I hired someone my brother knew to do some carpentry work in my basement. His verbal estimate was $3000. When he said he was finished, he invoiced me for $8800. I won't go into detail about what was or was not done (we didn't even get door knobs), but there was no written contract ever proposed...

Anarchism, chaos? Or improvement [ 5 Answers ]

Anarchism; without government, order or law. Some people think total chaos, I say improvement. Sure it has its flaws but then again it has its benefits. The government wants u to believe law is necessary , but if people have freedom they would not abuse it because it would be all about survival. Is...

Home improvement and depreciation [ 3 Answers ]

In 2005, I made an improvement to my home (built a deck). I also rent out two rooms in my home. I depreciate the portion of the home rented. Am I required to depreciate the expenses for this home improvement? Or is depreciation on home improvement optional? Thank you

View more questions Search