Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    EarMachine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2015, 02:34 PM
    Amana Distinction (Goodman?)
    Hi there!
    I have an Amana Distinction furnace model CVC9/95.
    Starting yesterday the furnace just stopped working.
    I'm pretty handy and tried troubleshooting.
    Basically on the display it comes up as 88, which is initializing, then goes to
    OP which is normal operation, But as soon as OP APPears on the display the furnace shuts off and does the same thing all over again.
    It seems to be stuck in a continuous loop.
    It's a very well maintained furnace and I don't see why this is happening.
    I've checked that everything is securely connected and even checked over my thermostat.
    Any and all help would be appreciated!
    M in the office Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2015, 05:57 PM
    My Amana (AMVC95) is doing exactly the same thing. Dead in the water. Same codes (OP 88), same repeating loop.

Furnace repairman baffled. Will try swapping out a circuit board tomorrow. Did the original poster ever figure out the problem?

UPDATE 4/14/15: New main circuit board and flame sensor fixed my problem. (Fortunately they were under warranty.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman amana electric furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I had my oil furnace replaced with and electric furnace connected to an existing Heat pump. I have found that the installers have used the existing circuit control board to control the furnace. Is it standard procedure to install new board when installing a new electric furnace to replace oil....

Amana/goodman furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I am working on a Amana Gas Furnace, it's a 2007, don't have exact numbers with me. When kicked on, the inducer motor fires up, runs smooth, no clicks, ignitor does nothing, which in turn the gas valve does nothing, fuse is good, I checked the 24v Transformer, it has 115 in top, 27v out bottom, I...

Auto/ on switch on Goodman/Amana Heating/cooling unit [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Goodman/Amana heating and cooloing unit (Model # PTC073B35AE) that is hooked up to a remote thermostat. What shoud the auto/on of the unit itself be placed at. It seems to be running too much and my elelctric usage is way higher than should be.

On-Screen Distinction 1 [ 7 Answers ]

What on screen distinction is shared by Jimmy Cagney, Donald O'Connor, Errol Flynn, Faye Dunaway and Martin Landau?

Big screen distinction [ 1 Answers ]

What big screen distinction do the following actors - best know for their television work share? William Shatner, Buddy Ebsen, Florence Henderson, June Lockhart, David Soul, Al Lewis and Jean Vander Pyl.

View more questions Search