Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hobby Hobbit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2015, 10:44 AM
    Noise after flushing loo
    Every time we flush the loo there is a loud vibrating noise which lessens when turning on cold tap.
    How do we fix this please?
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Apr 7, 2015, 04:34 AM
    First, under the toilet is a valve that supplies toilet with water. Turn that valve OFF and then ON. See if the noise stops. If not, lift the lid and put your had on top of the FILL VALVE during fill up. See if that valve is vibrating. If yes, there is dirt inside. You would have to turn off water, take that valve apart, flush it under running water - then reinstalling it

Let me know how you did

Milo
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2015, 10:18 AM
    Hello Hobby Hobbit,

Please follow Milo's advises and please tell us which fill will do you have see the images below, Thanks.

John
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise after flushing [ 1 Answers ]

After I flush the toilet it is as if the sistern is still filling - there is rippling water in the toiler bowl - it used to stop but now it goes on and on?

My toilet makes noise after flushing, however, no vibration, just noise. [ 7 Answers ]

My toilet makes a high pitched noise after being flushed. I don't have the ballcock type valve, and there is no vibration, only noise that stops after the toilet has filled.

Banging noise when flushing [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my toilet making a banging noise after flushing?

Noise after flushing toilet [ 6 Answers ]

Few months ago we've noticed that after flushing the toilet and after the tank feels with water, we hear a rumbling noise in the pipes for few seconds. Then the noise disappeared for few weeks and now it's back every time we flush the toilet. Any suggestions on what should be done to fix this...

View more questions Search