Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    northside Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 07:45 PM
    My Account Was Frozen Around 3 Days Ago. But The Account Is Not Only In My Name, It's In One Of My Older Kids Name To. There Name Is First And Then It's Mine. How Can They Take All The Money From Their If Half Belongs To My Kid. Is There Anyway They Can Get Their Moneys Back.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 10, 2007, 05:25 AM
    First its not a good idea to piggyback your question on someone else's thread. So I've requested this be moved.

Second, the answer to your question is they can because you defaulted on a debt and they obtained a judgement against you. They have no info on who's money is in the account. As long as you have a joint interest in an asset they can seize it. You might be able to get the money back if you can prove that half the money belongs to your son. You need to go back to the court that issued the judgement and file a motion to quash the garnishment. Then prepare your proofs to present at the hearing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Account frozen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Hope I am doing this right. Just found out over the Internet my Bank account has been Frozen. Not mush in it I get ssi.going to call the Bank when they, I don't knon anybody I own, But I am very upset? Thank for your answer. Pat:(

Frozen account [ 1 Answers ]

My account was frozen due to a credit card the ex and I had how or can I open a checking account some other bank just to cash checks?

Frozen account [ 3 Answers ]

My Bank account was frozen for a past creditor,and I have direct deposit going into my account next week. Will I be able to withdraw my funds?

I Am Unemployed And Have A Frozen Account [ 3 Answers ]

I Am Currently Unemployed And My Account Has Been Frozen. In That Case What Should Be My Course Of Action Or Should I Leave It Alone Since I Do Not Have Any Money To Hire A Lawyer To Go To Bankruptcy.

Frozen bank account [ 1 Answers ]

A judgement has my bank account frozen. Apparently the credit card company sued me after I moved and sent notices to my old address for 4 years. The debt collectors/bottom feeders told me the credit card company sent me a settlement offer in October 2006 to my old address. I never received any...

View more questions Search