Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nanaskids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2015, 09:52 PM
    Can I evict mother in law from a home that I have court order property management
    My husband was arrested and will probably be in there for life due to his crime. He moved his parents and himself into our community property home. The court awarded my property management duties. I want to remove them since they are not paying rent and I need to pay the expenses of the home. They have a home to move into but do not want to move. Can I evict them fast.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 4, 2015, 11:08 PM
    You evict them according to your local laws.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 5, 2015, 12:37 AM
    It may not be fast, but you can evict them. You give them written notice, and evict according to the local laws.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 5, 2015, 05:21 AM
    Evictions are done at your local courthouse.
    ANYTHING you do must be in writing and follow the laws and procedures where you live.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 5, 2015, 09:03 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

You said, they aren't paying rent, but don't say whether there was an agreement that they should pay rent. How fast you can get them out depends on the answer to that question.

The first step is to serve them a written notice to vacate. The amount of time they have to be given will depend on whether they are supposed to pay rent and where you live.

If they do not vacate by the legal deadline, then you have to go to court to obtain an eviction order. Once the court issues the eviction order, and if they still refuse to leave, you need to hire a sheriff to physically remove them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Live in East Texas Mobile Home on our Property belong to Ex-mother-in-Law [ 2 Answers ]

My husband owns property. When him and his ex were married his mother in law purchased a double wide mobile home. $27,000 is still owed on it and it is roughly 12 years old already. It needs new windows. It has two broken windows and they are the old single pane metal windows that will have to be...

Can I evict my mother-in-law [ 4 Answers ]

My mother-in-law has lived with my wife and I for the past 9 years. Her name was on the house deed for 4yrs and did a quite claim, so now my wife and I own the house. Now I am facing divorce situations because my mother in law causes problems between my wife and I. My wife do not want me to evict...

I want to evict my mother in law from my property,how do I get her off? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to evict my mother in law of my property,how do I go about it

How can I evict my former girlfriend and mother of my son from my property? [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently purchased a home and have moved into it with my girlfriend and 10mo. Old son. The girlfriend is a chronic alcoholic and has psychologocal issues. She has recently started an argument with me and had me arrested for calling her a bad name. There is now a no contact order in place...

Can I evict my mother-in-law [ 48 Answers ]

My mother-in-law has lived with me for past 8 years. She was babysitting to earn her personal income. Now I am facing divorce situation but I do not want to divorce but My mother-in-law think the house is belong to her since I moved out temporary already. I visted my kids very often. Eveytime I saw...

View more questions Search