Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    r sane Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2015, 06:39 PM
    How do you hook up 2 capacitors to increase the capacitance
    I have 2 small capacitors . They are smaller than the one installed. I want to know how to wire 2 capacitors to increase the capacitance. In paralle or series.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2015, 07:36 PM
    With capacitors, it is the reverse of resistors. Parallel connections result in additive values.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Capacitance question [ 6 Answers ]

A photographic flash unit consists of a capacitor previously charged by a 100V source. The average power delivered to the flash tube is 2000W and the flash lasts 0.040s. The capacitance of the capacitor is: A 40 x 10^-6 F B 80 x 10^-6 F C 160 x 10^-6 F D 80 x 10^-3 F E 160 x 10^-3 F

Capacitance question need help [ 1 Answers ]

Four capacitor each of 2microfarad are connected in such a way that total capacitance is also 2 micro farad show what combination gives this value? Illustrate the diagram too.

Electrostatics and Capacitance [ 20 Answers ]

Am I correct to think that the higher the charge between two plates in a parallel plate capacitor the higher the voltage difference? Is there an equation relating these difference in charge between the plants and the voltage difference between the plates?

Capacitance [ 2 Answers ]

5.a) Two capacitors , C1 = 3 F and C2=6 F , are connected in series and charged by connecting a battery of voltage V=10V in series with them. They are then disconnected from the battery, and the loose wires are connected again. What is the final charge on them. b) Repeat problem 5(a) , and after...

Capacitance [ 1 Answers ]

Here I 've a problem related to capacitance and its energy. The question goes like this :- A parallel plate capacitor having plate area 400 cm square. And separation between the plates 1 mm is connected to a power supply of 100 V. A dielectric slab of thickness .5 mm and dielectric constant 5 is...

View more questions Search