Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snoopsumo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2015, 08:51 AM
    How to book last year's transaction performed in the current year?
    I have a small business. I contributed $1000 towards SEP IRA for year 2014. However, the transaction was done in January of 2015 using the retained earnings of 2014. Obviously, this money is tax deductible for my business.

What is the correct way of posting this transaction so that it shows up on my PNL statement for 2014?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2015, 02:20 PM
    You can make a balance day adjustment accruing the expense in the 2014 year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Decrease in Accumulated depreciation in current year from previous year is subtracted [ 6 Answers ]

Decrease in Accumulated depreciation in current year from previous year is subtracted from net Income under Operating Activities in statement of cash flows. Which could be related to disposal of some asset with cash flow statement under investing activities as cash inflow positive number

Back year receivable dues is current assets in fiscal year or not? [ 1 Answers ]

Student fee dues of previous year can be considered as current assets in the current fiscal year or not?

If company makes loss in previous year what company will do in current year [ 1 Answers ]

As per balance sheet and profit and loss account there is a loss in 2009,what will accountant do in the current year i.e.2010

Calculation of assets during a current year [ 1 Answers ]

How do you calculate what would happen to assets during a current year if liabilities decrease and the owners equity increased?

View more questions Search