Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celticwomen29 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 04:54 AM
    Am I being warned?
    Hi my name is Laura I am a 33 year old single mom and have been having some strange things going on. About 4 or 5 days ago I was woke up to the sound of someone knocking at my door... 4 knocks, I jumped out of bed and looked but there was no one there. Now I know you may be think it could have been my son but he wasn't home that night. Now on Monday I was woke up the same knocking, but this time there was only 2 knocks and once more no one was there... and I was at someone ells house. I know a lot of things it's not what I am looking for is someone that may know what it is. I am a spiritual person and believe someone/something is trying to tell me something... but what? So my ? Is, has anyone one here had this happen to them or heard of this and is someone/something trying to warn me?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2007, 05:29 PM
    To hear knocking in your dream or when you are half awake, suggests that your unconscious is trying to attract your attention to some aspect of yourself or to some waking situation. A new opportunity - or money - may be presented to you. Knocking can also mean that a new door will be opening and offering you a great opportunity. Pay attention to everything that is going on around you at the moment.
    pattijo55 Posts: 104, Reputation: 5

Nov 26, 2008, 12:40 PM

Laura, go to my post about my granddaughter hearing knocking. It's on the first page. Maybe the answer I get will help you out too. P
    Alder Posts: 342, Reputation: 71

Nov 26, 2008, 12:59 PM

Bluerose has some good suggestions for dreamweaving this in a positive way. It opens up the question of whether you were hearing the knocking with your waking world ears or in dream.

The conventional wisdom is that if it's in dream this is something internal, your mind trying to communicate this sense of a new opportunity knocking; whereas if it's in the waking world it's something external, a being of some sort trying to contact you. However, both explanations are possible in either state. Sometimes beings contact us in dreams because then our consciousness is more on their level. Likewise, sometimes we unconsciously make things happen in our waking lives, by latent telekinetic ability or the like, which we might think is a spirit or poltergeist external to us.

For some reason this reminds me of that Bible story. There's the obvious Revelation piece where Jesus says, "I stand at the door and knock." But I was thinking old testament. It's Elijah, isn't it, or Elisha, who kept hearing God call when he was young, and didn't know who it was, until his godfather told him, "Next time, say 'Speak, Lord, your servant is listening'."

Now, I wouldn't go claiming yourself as this presence's "servant," until you know more, but there is definitely power in being receptive. When we listen to someone, we make them real. As the prominent psychology writers Firman & Gila put it, "When I look, I am seen, therefore I exist." That's true even for us humans--we feel really real when we know those closest to us see us for who we really are and accept it.

So next time the knock comes, just call out to it, "I am here; I am listening!"

Blessings, and good luck with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search