Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PalmSpringsMay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2015, 02:22 PM
    What if restitution is not paid due to inability to work?
    This person was allowed to leave the country right after jail time and do probation (2 years) in a foreign country. He's got one more year of probation. He is not returning to the States.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 02:28 PM
    In some states, restitution is a condition of probation to be enforced by the prosecutor. In other places, the victim is on his or her own regarding collection of the restitution amount. But if he was let out of the country, I doubt that you have much hope.

I suggest that you contact the prosecutor, judge, and probation officer. Ask them how this happened, and what they plan to do about it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 31, 2015, 09:03 PM
    If he is not paying. Report this and complain to the court.

Most will order him to return to the court to appear.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out if restitution has been paid? [ 3 Answers ]

How do I find out if a person is on probation and has paid off restitution? I asked and suspect this person lied to me

I paid restitution but still have a charge? [ 1 Answers ]

In 2004 I was convicted of larceny and was ordered to pay restitution within 2yrs.I paid a third of it but couldn't pay it all within the 2yrs.I still received the charge of larceny can I now get my money back?Why are they able to keep the money I paid to keep this charge away yet I still got the...

What can you do if you are not being paid your restitution? [ 7 Answers ]

I was the victim of a fraud and the lad who was convicted of the crime was ordered to pay restitution. Clearly he has not paid... What should I do? Can I do anything? Any suggestions would be a great help. Thanks.

Restitution paid can the offender get sued for more [ 4 Answers ]

Once the offender pays restitution can they get sued to pay reparations and more restitution for the same crime ?

Coping with Disabilities, Inability to work [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! Here's my story... I had a back surgery, it never got totally better but I coped with it fairly well enough to push through and work as a bartender. I LOVED my job! I just recently had to quit because I have more back problems that are quite severe. I can barely move sometimes and I use a...

View more questions Search