Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetpie88 Posts: 104, Reputation: 2

Mar 29, 2015, 01:15 PM
    Do long distant relationships work?
    Hi. My boyfriend and I are both 26. I am a US citizen and he's from Africa. We been together for 2 months and his visa is going to expire in September. His visa is a "R" B1/B2. We want to be together. If he has to go back how long can it take for him to come back to the US? Thanks I really need some help!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 29, 2015, 04:40 PM
    You asked two very different questions. The first one is no, almost every time. Basically EVERY time. The rare exceptions are usually established marriages with children and busy careers that send each spouse to another country.

ask about his visa under Immigration. PS: Africa is a continent, so state his country when you ask.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 29, 2015, 05:34 PM
    Why does he just not review his visa, merely exit the country and return back.

Of course he is either a tourist, or he is an employee of a "African" business here in US. Since that is not a work visa.

He can also look at getting a work visa and working in US.

I will assume you have actually dated, and know him ( not merely talked on computer)

So first question. Is this no, a real relationship, you see each other, go on dates, hold hands and so on?

What has he been doing in your country?

Why does he not merely renew his visa and exit country and return back?

But no, new relationships that are long distance almost never work. At least more than a few months. Even those with children and long term marriage have trouble if apart too long.

I know of couples here in China that live apart most of the year, for work, but I have not know any, where they live apart and are faithful.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 29, 2015, 08:26 PM
    You can't tell much after two months, and you sure have a lot of obstacles to overcome, but I have to ask how long you knew each other before you got together, and how did you meet?

LDR's can last a while, but it's darn hard.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do long distance relationships work if so for how long? [ 4 Answers ]

I am in a long distance relationship and I really want it to work.

Do long distance relationships work? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have known each other for almost 2 years now. This is the second time we've dated. The first time we broke up because we thought things might not work out for us and for months we didn't have any contact until 2 weeks before his birthday when we realized we never stopped loving...

Can long distance relationships work? [ 13 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend are in a long distance relationship. I'm 14 and he's 16, we've been together for 8 months. We barely ever get to see each other (4 times a year if we're lucky) and find it really hard (but not impossible) to be in this relationship. We love each other very much and our love for...

Long distant relationships [ 2 Answers ]

I'm just asking... what do u think of long distant relationships?

Can Long Distance Relationships Work? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi, brief intro, met a great girl on holiday and have have seen each other now three times. We often have some form of contact whether its, text messages, instant messaging online and more rarely by telephone to. We live about 2-3 hours away, traffic dependent! Anyway, we enjoy each others...

View more questions Search