Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natashap25 Posts: 49, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2015, 09:57 AM
    What should I do and why do I feel like this?
    Its Easter holidays, and from the first day I'm bored. I've studied and done all what I could,still nothing interests me, and I just feel really low. Help me. What can I do about this feeling? I feel like my life is really boring.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 10:22 AM
    Well, Easter is one of those times, like Christmas, where families and friends have a few days holiday, and get togethers, and big meals follow. Not to mention the Easter Bunny.

That you are bored at what is a busy time for most households, have you thought of what you could do to help out? Maybe do some shopping for dinner, or wash up a sink full of dishes, a load or two of laundry.

In other words, this isn't so much about you being bored, as it is how much other people could likely use a bit of help.

Hopefully where you live there is a food bank that you might consider helping out in, or a soup kitchen, or any social service agency that always needs extra hands such as not for profit clothing outlets.

Perhaps if you aren't feeling too sorry for yourself and none of the above appeals to you, why not go to a gym, or a Y and have a swim, or out on your own for a walk, or maybe visit a friend, or a library, or coffee shop or park.

There is always something to do, and maybe you can find something rather than sitting on the computer complaining of simple boredom?

Mar 28, 2015, 10:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake2008 View Post
    Well, Easter is one of those times, like Christmas, where families and friends have a few days holiday, and get togethers, and big meals follow. Not to mention the Easter Bunny.

That you are bored at what is a busy time for most households, have you thought of what you could do to help out? Maybe do some shopping for dinner, or wash up a sink full of dishes, a load or two of laundry.

In other words, this isn't so much about you being bored, as it is how much other people could likely use a bit of help.

Hopefully where you live there is a food bank that you might consider helping out in, or a soup kitchen, or any social service agency that always needs extra hands such as not for profit clothing outlets.

Perhaps if you aren't feeling too sorry for yourself and none of the above appeals to you, why not go to a gym, or a Y and have a swim, or out on your own for a walk, or maybe visit a friend, or a library, or coffee shop or park.

There is always something to do, and maybe you can find something rather than sitting on the computer complaining of simple boredom?
    Well I'm from India,and my family doesn't celebrate Easter ,so that doesn't help,I don't like doing anything else but thanks for your advice , I just think I'm depressed... hopefully I feel better soon ,I know I'm a bit of a complainer.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 28, 2015, 11:29 AM
    Sometimes it can be perfectly normal to feel bored and not really interested in doing anything. I've had times where I feel like I want to do something, but also don't feel like doing anything, or nothing sounds good! It's okay to just doing nothing, but maybe flip channels on the television and feel bored for awhile. The problem comes if you feel that way most of the time or for an extended period.

Are you on a break from school at this time? Have any friends or family members that you could find something to do with? Even if you don't "feel" like doing anything, if you just get a friend and go out, or go by yourself... to some shops, a movie, a park, anything, you can often start to feel better. Put on some music and dance, go for a walk, window shop at a mall... exercise frequently helps with feeling bored. The hard part is getting going, so that is something you would just have to make yourself do.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 11:51 AM
    Where are all your friends?

Mar 28, 2015, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Where are all your friends?
    I don't know but they're probably studying or travelling.. btw you have answered all my questions haha
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 28, 2015, 02:11 PM
    I try to answer everybody's question if I can. :)
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 28, 2015, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by natashap25 View Post
    I don't know but they're probably studying or travelling.. btw you have answered all my questions haha
    Maybe, that is what you should be doing. By all means check out your friends. They may be feeling the same way and would love to get together and do something.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Feel dizzy, headaches, feel like vomiting after drinking green tea. Any reasons? [ 8 Answers ]

I started drinking gree tea, because I know its healthy (that is what everyone say). I never made abuse of it, my maximum dose was 3 cups/day. I really like it and drink it with no sugar only some lemon and vanilla, or mixed with other teas. After a time, something like 3months, I started feeling...

Things are changing, I feel annoyed. I feel uncapable of feeling any kind of emotion. [ 5 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for 9 months now, and I liked him for another 7 months before we started dating. Everything has been splendid besides a few ups and downs we have worked through together. In the past month though, I noticed my feelings for him were not as strong, and this both scared...

My breast feel tender my period was short I feel a pulse in my stomach [ 1 Answers ]

My period lasted only three days but only one was normal the other two were really light I can feel a pulse in my lower stomach my mom had her period for four months when she was pregnant with me could I be pregnant

Can women have a affair feel like she got to stay in it if the person feel in love [ 3 Answers ]

I heard a woman say she had sex with a co-worker cause she was bored, and he was coming at her everyday about loving her and treating her right. She then had sex with him and after 2 encounters wanted to stop but didn't know how to tell him no.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and I can not feel my baby's movement I just can feel kicking [ 2 Answers ]

I am 34 weeks pregnant an I can not feel my baby's movments I just can feel kicking for 5 times aday only is it normal or there is aproblem?

View more questions Search