Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tronbomb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2015, 10:51 AM
    Drug testing
    I got caught with a electronic scale in cookeville TN. I got put on probation for a year and they told me I would recive random drug test. I have talked to many friends who say they were put on probation for the same thing same time and never got tested. I am on supervised probation and met with my officer one time but I libe 3 countys away so they make me mail in a form that ask if I have spoke with the cops this month and if I did why etc. they also told me if they call me for a test I will not have to go to my countys court office instead I will be going to a private place that does like job drug test. It has been 2 months and they have never called me or spoken to me and I have sent in my fines and paper both months. They made me pay30 dollars and said it was for drug yest but I don't know if they will or not? I am clean but I would like to know if anyone else has dealt with these people? And if so how did deug test work or wore there any at all?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 11:05 AM
    I got caught with a electronic scale in cookeville TN
    Is it illegal to possess electronic scales in Cookeville?

Seriously, I assume you were put on probation for some sort of drug-related offense, of which possession of the scale was evidence.
    ... [People from the probation office] have never called me or spoken to me ...
    It might be a good idea to call them, just so that they know you are still around. That way they could inform you if they need you to do something.
    Tronbomb Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2015, 11:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Is it illegal to possess electronic scales in Cookeville?

Seriously, I assume you were put on probation for some sort of drug-related offense, of which possession of the scale was evidence.
    It might be a good idea to call them, just so that they know you are still around. That way they could inform you if they need you to do something.

Well what they said was that it was used to weigh weed and that it had residue on it with it did but the charge was only drug paraphinila
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 12:38 PM
    I would have considered challenging the application of the statute defining a scale as drug paraphernalia. Scales are designed, sold, and used for many other purposes.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 05:01 PM
    You are subject to whatever they tell you so my best advice is just because they haven't made you test YET, doesn't mean they won't. So ALWAYS be prepared to take and pass whatever drug test they give you until your probation is officially over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug testing [ 3 Answers ]

My question was, "if you failed a drug test for a company that tested through DISA, what could you do to make yourself eligible to be hired?" There was a response that said you could call DISA, pay $500 and set up counseling and retest, but it didn't give the number. I would like to know...

Drug testing [ 7 Answers ]

Does UPS drug test for package handlers?

Drug Testing [ 8 Answers ]

Ok, so I quit smoking pot for about 2 weeks now (I used to smoke about everyday). And I just found out I need to get a drug test.. How long does it take for it to get out of your system, and is there a way to speed up the process of getting it out of me. I know it stores in your fat cells, and...

Drug testing [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for weed to get out of your system for a physical/urine test? Does drinking a lot of water help it get out faster?

View more questions Search