Mar 25, 2015, 10:45 AM
    Looking for a bank around Kwabenya
    I am looking for a bank at Accra, Ghana :
    - it's around Kwabenya
    - it's not popular
    - it's new
    - it used mainly from miners and merchants
    - it belongs to "credit unions" banks
    I think it's not difficult to understand which one it is for people living there.
    Thanks.
    Ciro
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 25, 2015, 11:02 AM
    Best to ask in a forum that is more local to the area.
    cibino Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2015, 11:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    Best to ask in a forum that is more local to the area.
    How may I access the forum to ? Ciro
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 25, 2015, 01:29 PM
    Are they holding significant funds in your name or do you need an account for a local transaction ?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 06:36 PM
    If this is a bank that is holding funds for you....and they are requesting a fee...you are being scammed. Whether it is a "found money" or an "internet lottery" scam is really the only question that I have just out of curiosity.

The main thing here is that you are asking so it shows that you already have some doubt...don't fall for it. There is no money waiting for you.

Google "419 scams"....there is all sorts of information available to read about.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 06:51 PM
    Ghana. That's all you need to know. Just look up scams in Ghana, and then put aside around a year of your time reading all the info online.

Run away from this, it has scam written all over it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 10:58 PM
    List of bank companies in Ghana
    Ghana Banks

The central bank of Ghana
    Bank of Ghana

Please understand, Ghana is the main area for fraud emails, also dating fraud.

If you will give us more information about the banking problem, we can disucss possible issues

Mar 26, 2015, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    List of bank companies in Ghana
    Ghana Banks

The central bank of Ghana
    Bank of Ghana

Please understand, Ghana is the main area for fraud emails, also dating fraud.

If you will give us more information about the banking problem, we can disucss possible issues
    Yours is the best answer. Thanks. I think before looking for the bank, I have to do a step back and check first if woman, whom I was in touch with since few years, is really dead on October as I was told from a police agent. Ghanaian Embassy at Rome and Italian one at Accra didn't answer me. How could I check if my woman is really dead at Accra, Ghana? Ciro
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 26, 2015, 03:21 AM
    You are being actively SCAMMED !!!

Mar 26, 2015, 03:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    You are being actively SCAMMED !!!
    it's a probability but there is no proof. Moreover if it's proved she died on October as I was told, then it's not a scam. Ciro
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2015, 04:51 AM
    So if she died why do you need to contact a bank?

Mar 26, 2015, 06:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    So if she died why do you need to contact a bank?
    At bank I am her next of kin.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 06:27 AM
    Have you ever met this woman in the flesh? Face-to-face?

Mar 26, 2015, 07:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    Have you ever met this woman in the flesh? Face-to-face?
    I understand what you mean. I already said there is the probability it's a cheat. If she is alive that's a proof of a scam. But if she is dead really then it's not a scam. That's why I need somebody tells me if she is alive or not by sure.
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 07:12 AM
    She is probably a he, we, or they. This is very common in Ghana. Forget it. You won't get any money.
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2015, 07:18 AM
    I will guarantee that you will need to pay a fee of some sort to get information or to fill out a form to have access to her "wealth" that is now magically yours. This should be your final clue to this being a scam.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 07:36 AM
    If this were legit, and you were listed as next of kin, or a beneficiary, then the bank would have contacted YOU, upon notification of her death. They have not so far and I doubt they will, or would even release any information by phone either.

Sorry, but this doesn't smell right, but good luck finding out the truth.
    Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 07:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cibino View Post
    At bank I am her next of kin.
    . In legalese, "next of kin" is the closest living blood relative(s). Since you never met this woman, you have no legal right to any monies that might be, or has been, hers.

Mar 26, 2015, 08:49 AM
    Thanks to all of you for your advice and suggestions.
    catonsville Posts: 894, Reputation: 91

Mar 26, 2015, 10:25 AM
    Old saying "If it walks like a Duck and Quacks like a Duck, it is probably a Duck. In your case if there are more questions than answers and it has to do with money, it is more than likely a Scam. Especially dealing with Ghana. Be sure not to send any money there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

True story film of used bank notes stolen from the bank of England by staff [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am Robbi and I am interested in seeing the film made about the above topic but I do not know the title. The film was set in the 1960s or 1970s at the bank of England printing works in Loughton Essex. It involved staff engaged in destroying old bank notes by burning, but in fact managing...

Can I sue my bank, my branch manager lied about legal documents to and another bank [ 4 Answers ]

My branch manager lied to me and another bank about documentation ab out a loan a was getting from that other bank. Held the loan process,held up some closings on properties that a was purchasing.

John Marshall is employed as a bank loan officer for First State Bank. He is comparin [ 1 Answers ]

John Marshall is employed as a bank loan officer for First State Bank. He is comparing two companies that have applied for loans, and he wants your help in evaluating those companies. The two companies (Morris Company and Walker Company) are approximately the same size and had approximately the...

View more questions Search