Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 05:46 PM
    Seems to me that he doesn't really want to hear what we have to say about this. All he wanted to know was about the bank and from there, he is clearly going to do what he wants...it's a case of needing to believe this badly enough that he will overlook what is right in front of him. I have known people that got scammed and this is why they got scammed.

Good luck to you.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 26, 2015, 05:51 PM
    Ah, the old "next of kin" scam. Very common.

Normally you get an email stating that you're the next of kin to this person in Ghana, and that all you have to do is send a processing fee to get the millions she left behind.

You send the processing fee and suddenly there's taxes you have to pay. You send that and there's other fees. You send that and you need to hire a lawyer which they'll provide, for a fee.

Years later, and thousands of dollars poorer, you still don't have the money, and you never will. They do though. Your money. Win for them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 27, 2015, 06:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Ah, the old "next of kin" scam. Very common.

Normally you get an email stating that you're the next of kin to this person in Ghana, and that all you have to do is send a processing fee to get the millions she left behind.

You send the processing fee and suddenly there's taxes you have to pay. You send that and there's other fees. You send that and you need to hire a lawyer which they'll provide, for a fee.

Years later, and thousands of dollars poorer, you still don't have the money, and you never will. They do though. Your money. Win for them.
    Or worse they ask for personal info, including your banking account, to transfer funds to your bank.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

True story film of used bank notes stolen from the bank of England by staff [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I am Robbi and I am interested in seeing the film made about the above topic but I do not know the title. The film was set in the 1960s or 1970s at the bank of England printing works in Loughton Essex. It involved staff engaged in destroying old bank notes by burning, but in fact managing...

Can I sue my bank, my branch manager lied about legal documents to and another bank [ 4 Answers ]

My branch manager lied to me and another bank about documentation ab out a loan a was getting from that other bank. Held the loan process,held up some closings on properties that a was purchasing.

John Marshall is employed as a bank loan officer for First State Bank. He is comparin [ 1 Answers ]

John Marshall is employed as a bank loan officer for First State Bank. He is comparing two companies that have applied for loans, and he wants your help in evaluating those companies. The two companies (Morris Company and Walker Company) are approximately the same size and had approximately the...

View more questions Search