Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Up2nogood4U Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2015, 08:38 AM
    Secondary doctor refusing access to medical records
    Can a second party to a P/M medical records receipent refuse to give you copies of their reason for refusing you treatment, and any communication with other doctors relating to that decision?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 09:14 AM
    What is "a second party to a P/M medical records receipent (sic)"? Would you please re-phrase, refraining from using terminology which may be local-use only (i.e.: jargon)?

But yes, assuming this is in the US, a health care provider is not obligated to document their refusal to treat you or (if there is paperwork) to give you copies of such documentation. If other doctors communicated with them regarding your case, did you execute a HIPAA waiver?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 11:02 PM
    They are required to give you copies of your medical treatment, copies of your records of illnesses. If they discuss other issues with doctors about you, misuse of drugs, non payment of bills or other issues, no they are not required to give you those records.

There is normally no right to be treated in the US for anything that is not a life threatening problem, and even some limits to that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My CAR insurance company is refusing to pay me my access back what do I DO [ 3 Answers ]

My car was involved in an accident that was no fault of my own, and my car was written off however when my insurance paid me out they deducted £200 (pound) of the amount that was agreed, a they said I would have to pay the access and would be paid it back once the third party had paid out to my ...

Why is bank is refusing to give me access to deceased fathers account? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get a copy of a check from the closed account of my deceased father?

If my employer disclosed my medical records to a doctor without written consent, is t [ 2 Answers ]

If an employer discloses my medical records to an outside source, are they in violation of hipaa laws?

How to open access denied folder in secondary connected harddisk [ 2 Answers ]

I was conneceted one hard disk as a secondary one I cantopen one folder in administrator login . It shows access denined

Can my doctor release my records? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All. My Psychiatrtist was asked to relsease all my records to my insurance company I have said no, I don't want them released to anyone AT ALL. Will my doctor get in trouble for this? How much can my insurance company ask for? My doctor has already given them the PCT codes so he can get...

View more questions Search