Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lovelylullaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 12:12 AM
    Having trouble with Yahoo archive that. Files
    Hello, I recently reformatted my computer, I saved all of my archives from Yahoo messenger. When I try to open an archive file it tells me my computer doesn't have the right program to read it with. I've tried opening them in both word and notepad. It just gives me codes. When I open it in Word it gives me everything like this. "E" Is there any way I can read these files, or is there just absolutely no way I can read them? Thanks a lot:)
    -Sarah
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 10, 2007, 12:13 AM
    As these files are saved with Yahoo messenger you'll need that to open it.
    Lovelylullaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 12:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben
    As these files are saved with Yahoo messenger you'll need that to open it.
    Is there any way I can reopen them in Yahoo Messenger? :o I've tried a few times and have failed all times. Thanks for your help:)
    -Sarah
    kfarley Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Try this link
    Dat file reader software by Bruno Marotta and others

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Yahoo that files [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have been trying to open my that files that were created in my Yahoo messenger archive folder. I know they are just files of my previous IM'S, and I use to be able to read them. Now since I upgraded to the Yahoo messenger w/voice, I can no longer look back at these files. Any...

Open .that files with [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I can't open a .dat file, where could I get a free download programe? Thanks for help.

Google or Yahoo "search results archive"? [ 3 Answers ]

I know it's a long shot, but I'm wondering: I am curious to know how many search results for a particular term there were in Google or Yahoo for a date in the past. In case that does not make sense, an example: Today there are about 401,000 Google results for the term "fried worms". I...

Jpeg files being received as .that [ 7 Answers ]

I have a friend who receives my jpegs as .dat, and therefore cannot open up the file. What does he need to do to open to view the files? We are both running WinXP. Thanks

Trouble with jpeg files [ 2 Answers ]

I am running a HP computer witho Windows ME. All jpeg files saved or emailed turn into (Quicktime?). Each picture has a box with the Apple Logo. Computer hangs up (blue screen) and has to be rebooted every time a picture file is attempted to be opened. This happens even if the file is saved...

View more questions Search