Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

Mar 24, 2015, 01:21 PM
    What can happen
    What's the worse that can happen if I drink alcoholic drinks while taking antidepresents?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 01:30 PM
    Alcohol is a powerful depressant, so you render the antidepressant utterly useless, and risk harmful side effects from the interaction, including blackouts, coma, or death. Bet your meds say don't mix with alcohol. If in doubt ask your doctor.

A teen shouldn't be drinking in the first place AND taking meds? That's plain STUPID! (Teen,or adult!)

Mar 24, 2015, 01:34 PM
    I was just wondering as It my cousin party this weekend and I want drink. But okay thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 01:47 PM
    Seizure, coma, depression, death.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 01:59 PM
    I think you need to be in a better place in your life, mentally and physically, before you even consider touching alcohol. Especially considering that you're a minor and it would be illegal. I am assuming you're in the states, but even if you're in canada it is still pretty illegal.

Mar 24, 2015, 02:25 PM
    Yeah it's illegal. And okay thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 02:44 PM
    The OP is in the UK Craven.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 03:29 PM
    Fair point, and I looked up the laws and, while being technically legal depending on several circumstances, it is still a bad idea. Drug interactions and just general health reasons. Go and have a good time, but stay away from the alcohol. Be the sober one with the stories for the next day.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2015, 04:07 PM
    You know, alcohol should just be anther choice like a soft drink or lemonade or milk. It's just something to drink. If the main event of the party is drinking, I would not even go. If it's to see people, enjoy some music, have a good meal, surprise the cousin with a gift and so on, go and do these things. Bring something non alcoholic that you like to drink. Then if drinking becoms the focus, make an excuse and leave. Be aware that many alcoholics have underlying depression which can actually be a big cause for the alcohol issue. If you are already looking forward to drinking at a party days off, you probably should work on the depression longer before you go places with alcohol.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 04:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzy5 View Post
    I was just wondering as It my cousin party this weekend and I want drink. But okay thanks.
    Why do you want to drink? Why can't you go to the party and have fun without drinking? Do you need to drink to have fun?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 24, 2015, 08:57 PM
    My good friend, when I was in high school, did this. He died.
    Do death is one of the bad things possible.

I am told, had he lived, he would have had brain injury, so that would have been a bad thing also.

Mar 25, 2015, 12:30 AM
    Okay thank you, I'm not going to drink now, I will take something nice that's not got Alcohol in. And I don't drink really at all, so think that's why but looking at what you guys put I'm not going too. Just drink cups of tea. Thank you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2015, 02:47 AM
    I spend about 15 years to a point of drinking vodka for breakfast, it all started with that first drink in high school. I have about 3 years in Mexico, I honestly don't remember well. I found out, that I can drink a coke, or a sprite and have the same fun at a party and often more. Or I may find the party is stupid because of drunk people behavior, and more fun is other places.

If a party is nothing more than everyone sitting around drunk, not much of a party.

Mar 25, 2015, 09:42 AM
    Okay thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does this always happen to me? [ 3 Answers ]

:( Okay, I've decided that since people are telling me he needs time I am not going to text him. I have been reading sites on how to get a ex back but you know what I don't care anymore. He either comes back to me or he doesn't. I'm not going to play his little mind games. If he texts me...

How it's happen [ 25 Answers ]

Hi I don't know more about sex because its my first time. I had a sex with my Boy firend on the second day I finish my prieod. Its happen from back said and some time he but it front but still am virgan And today is due date and still I didn't have my prieod..

Why is this happen [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfriend ex had contact him and told him that he get back with her the grandmother will give back the girls. The girls are in CPS and they gave the rights to the grandmother and they took his rights from him and her and I want to know since they took the rights from him do he still have to pay...

Why did this happen? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I've never done this before, so here it goes. I have been in a relationship for the past year and half. We had our ups and downs, but I thought we were happy. A little over a week ago, he sits me down and says he doesn't know if he can see us having a future together. I was devastated. I...

What's going to happen [ 1 Answers ]

Hello my name is brandon and I had shoplifted from macy's and the stufff was worth 255 dollars and they charged me as a felony but I have a clean record and everything.. so I wanted to know what's going to happen.. and I live in virginia

View more questions Search