Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MikeGB12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2015, 10:15 AM
    Replaced Moen 1222 and Poor hot water pressure
    So, a few weeks ago, noticed my shower handle went haywire, I could turn it a full 360 when I should only be able to turn counter clockwise to "on" and clock wise to "off" Hot being the farther one to open. Now, 2 cartridges later both giving me same issue. I have great pressure for cold water side. As soon as I go to "Hot" pressure drops to a slow almost trickle effect. Now, I've pulled the cartridge out, flushed valve body, re installed cartridge and problem is still the same. Call Moen and they want to send me another cartridge. Is it possible I got 2 O.E.M. Cartridges that were bad? This is on a shower only, no bath spout. Anybody else ever have this issue? Please Help.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 10:52 AM
    There is, or should be, anti-scald ring, installed on the stem and under the handle. Remove it and see if that helps.

Back to you

Milo
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 11:32 AM
    Can you tell us how you flushed out the valve body? Also, with the cartridge removed did you have a good volume of both hoe and cold water?
    MikeGB12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2015, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    Can you tell us how you flushed out the valve body? Also, with the cartridge removed did you have a good volume of both hoe and cold water?
    To flush it, I pulled the cartridge out, closed the shower door, turned water on and let her blow. After doing this. I reassembled it and it's working fine now. Guess I didn't let it flush enough.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No hot water in shower so I replaced moen cartridge 1222b and now it leaks [ 0 Answers ]

So my shower head doesn't get hot it only gets warm while the tub line does seem to get hotter than the shower head so I thought it was a cartridge problem. I ended up replacing my old moen 1222b cartridge with a new plastic one but now it leaks from the sides of the cartridge. I also noticed that...

Moen shower valve--replaced cartridge--hot water for about 5 Min [ 1 Answers ]

First my water heater blew so I replaced that. Everything was working fine until I took a shower in the master bath. I only had about 5 minutes of hot water. It's Moen and I had the cartridge replaced by a professional and it seemed OK... but now the problem is back. After the shower hot...

Moen shower valve--replaced cartridge, still no hot water [ 28 Answers ]

I have replaced the cartridge on a moen shower head valve but still only little water coming out but not hot water

Replaced moen cartridge twice, still not hot water? [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the single cartridge moen faucet after the original jammed in the valve. Now I cannot get hot water. I tried a couple of new cartridges but have the same problem. Are there any settings on the cartridge that can fix this? Thanks.

Moen Faucet Replaced Cartridge Why Still No Hot Water? [ 1 Answers ]

Just replaced the Moen cartridge and still do not have hot water. When I turn the knob to hot the water does not even trickle out. Is the problem deeper than a cartridge replacement?

View more questions Search