Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BooBoo1994 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2015, 10:18 PM
    I'm worried.
    I'm 20 years old and I've been having vaginal pain during sex so the dr (on Wednesday ) gave me a prescription for gabapentin. I started gabapentin Thursday(2 days ago), I'm also taking ortho tri cyclen lo birth control and been on it for 8 months, I'm on the green pills telling me I'm starting, I have 4 pills left and haven't started my period yet. Can gabapentin delay or stop me from having my period while I'm taking it?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2015, 12:20 AM
    I did several cross reference and could not see where this drug would cause that What was the medical problem for them to give you this drug? Perhaps the medical problem is the cause?

This seems more, or another sign that your doctor should be aware of.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 22, 2015, 04:44 AM
    ANY drug can have a side effect that isn't on the list. ANY drug can interact with other drugs. (There are even a few drugs that counteract birth control pills - I know someone who got pregnant and her doctor never even checked on what else she was taking, or looked up the rare interactions).

I would suggest that you work on the CAUSE of the vaginal pain.
    I've had pain on the left side of my entire pubic area and inner thigh for over 35 years, and sex hurt, and it's from scarring of one of the nerves off the lowest part of the spine. It took 30 years to find that out, and it wasn't from any MD!

Please answer:
    Were you examined with a speculum?
    Ultrasound?
    For a scratch or pimple, tipped uterus, fibroids, PCOS?
    Was your partner rough?
    Is your vagina extra dry (some women get dry from b.c. pills) and do you use a lubricant?
    Have you tried to use an object like a dildo or zuccini or 3 fingers to see if you still hurt, without your legs apart?
    Can you explain the EXACT nature of the pain, in super detail, to us?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 22, 2015, 04:57 AM
    Gabapentin is a VERY strong drug to be used for vaginal pain associated with intercourse. VERY STRONG. It is usually prescribed for seizure disorder or severe pain caused by shingles, restless leg syndrome, fibromyalgia.

What exactly was your diagnosis to be prescribed such a strong medication?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I be worried? [ 1 Answers ]

Im 13 no and have been dealing with my period for a little less than a year now. I seem to have a very heavy period with giant blood clots... on top of this I am also anemic... should I be worried?

I am really worried [ 1 Answers ]

I gave unprotected oral sex to a guy and I am a guy. He did ejaculate in my mouth but I spit it out. I refused to swallow. I am so worried that I have HIV. He said he has been tested. And I need to stop worrying but I can not :/ I am so scared. I want to kill myself. :/ Please help.

Worried [ 9 Answers ]

I have community service and I've asked for an extension once. Can I ask for an extension to pay the money?

Help me please! Im really worried [ 0 Answers ]

"So I have a problem. For the past few weeks i noticed that ive been very itchy around the anus area. I looked it up and found that i have pinworms... Now my stool is very loose and a very dark shade of green and im getting stomach achs feeling like im goin..."

Only 19! Only had sex once! Worried I'm pregnant? VERY WORRIED! [ 11 Answers ]

So I know there are a few other posts like this but I'm just nervous about my situation... about 4 weeks ago I had sex, he had a condom on and I'm on the pill (trinessa), not while he was inside be and before he came he had to take it off because it was rolling down. We were still fooling around...

View more questions Search