Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sncnma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2015, 05:53 PM
    What is the procedure to evict a boyfriend who has become threatening.
    He moved in a little over a year ago. Everything was OK. We started having disagreements and as of yesterday he began threatening me, trying to restrict me from leaving by taking the keys to a car that I borrow from a friend to keep me from leaving when he is gone or wrestling them from me when he is there. The police told me they can't make him leave because there are no visible signs of assault. I have four children (none his) My daughter is afraid to stay but I have no where else to go. The house that I live in is a Section 8 house and he is not on the lease. I am afraid that if I try to do a legal eviction on him, that my children and I would be homeless. Please help. I'm lost.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 22, 2015, 12:23 AM
    The legal eviction is the only way to go, legally. If he grabs and threatens again, call the police again and again,j
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 22, 2015, 04:34 AM
    You can get a restraining order. You can have duplicate car keys made, for pity's sake. If you lose the house, he loses it too, so call his bluff and tell him to get out. Tell him that the owner of the car is planning to charge HIM with theft. Show some guts and use your brain (without fighting about it with him). You are letting him scare you.

I guess no one has to tell you to not let a man live with you in Section 8 housing again. You knew the risk
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 23, 2015, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    The legal eviction is the only way to go, legally...
    I'm not sure I agree, because I see insufficient evidence that he is a subtenant. It appears to me that he may be nothing but a houseguest.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Controlling, threatening, ex boyfriend with son [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I'm actually asking for help on behalf of a friend, and need some advice so I can pass on to her. I will describe the situation in point form. Sorry for long post, but the situation seems complex. - the guy is ex boyfriend for about 5 yrs now - has a son to ex boy friend from 5 yrs ago...

My ex boyfriend is threatening to take my son away from me [ 3 Answers ]

I have been broken up for a month now but the last week I have been physically threatened by his mom. And now he is saying that he has more right to have my son then I do. He wants to have my 2 year old son 3 days one week and the following week 4 days. I don't think it is fair on my son not...

What to do when my ex-boyfriend is blackmailing/threatening me [ 10 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I was dating my ex-b/f before marriage and we were going strong. But there was one major problem he was married already with 2 kids. I know it was a big mistake and this would not have happened but somehow we were dating. Nobody knew in our families except for both of us. After a...

Threatening Boyfriend & Cultural Issue [ 2 Answers ]

I've been in a relationship with a guy from high school for about 11mnths. We were near our 1 year anniversary when my boyfriend broke up with me over the fact that I wanted to go to a club with my friends (who were all girls). I don't go out too often and I never got to hang out with any of my...

How do I evict 18 year old stepdaughter threatening me [ 6 Answers ]

My stepdaughter is 18 years old, within the last month we have caught her tearing out her bedroom screen to sneak out in the middle of the night, found empty beer cans in our truck that we had let her use, apparently smoking cigs and or pot in the truck because we found a lighter sitting on top of...

View more questions Search