Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 21, 2015, 10:28 AM
    Ultra HD
    Hello:

Can you really SEE the difference between regular HD and Ultra 4 HD??

excon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 21, 2015, 10:32 AM
    Side by side with appropriate source, yes.

As there is no broadcast or recorded 4k media, outside of the sales area, then not so much.
    This is the same thing we saw when the current crop of HD was first introduced.

Once the cable companies accept the 4k standard then you'll notice a difference.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 22, 2015, 08:01 AM
    I agree with CurlyBen. Your sources for 4K content are still very sparse (even less than 3D content). Also prices of 4K TV's are falling so unless you need a TV right now... then I'd recommend you do what I am doing, waiting a wile longer before I buy one.

Edit: Even without 4K content, it will upconvert 1080p content so if you like me prefer a larger TV. (Bigger than 50") the 4k will look slightly better because of the higher pixel count. It just won't be sharper or have more detail without actual 4K source content.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 22, 2015, 08:31 AM
    Hello Ex, sure you can see the difference, but is it worth the money? My TV doesn't even have HD but looks good to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WeilMclain Ultra [ 0 Answers ]

On a WeilMclain Ultra, before the gas valve opens, the fan? Must close

Furnace ultra sx 80 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ultra sx 80 furnace. Lately the furnace would work fine for a while and all of a sudden it will blow cold air instead of hot. It usually happens when the heat is supposed to start. I can hear the exhaust fan working, I see the ignition lighting and then the pivot light goes on. The main...

Ultra 80 sx [ 1 Answers ]

I have a ultra 80 sx. Everything works fine with the exception of when reaching set temperature on the thermostat the fan stays on without the burners being on.

15 ultra murry [ 0 Answers ]

On an Ultra Murry 15 hp Kohler, hydro, the tag is gone, and We need a parts sheeet if possible,, 1997 yr. 42 in. cut Thanks

Armstrong sx ultra 93 [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering what the color code was for the r1 resistor... my was a little burnt and I can't tell what the proper color code is.

View more questions Search