Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ahdms5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 18, 2015, 07:44 AM
    Information
    I left UAE in 2012, my manager said he register me as runaway, now I applied for visa but it's rejected, how to remove the black list??
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Mar 18, 2015, 10:14 AM
    YOU cannot.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 18, 2015, 10:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    YOU cannot.
    I have been unsuccessful finding any reference online to the UAE "blacklist". Curlyben, can you give me a link?

Penalizing someone for "running away" from a job seems a bit strange in the 21st Century, even for the UAE.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2015, 11:03 AM
    Google is your friend.
    UAE Immigration: Visa, Deportation, Blacklist & Appeals
    Expert

Mar 18, 2015, 11:32 AM
    Thanks.

So this appears to be the pertinent provision:

"BlacklistThe Blacklist contains the names of individuals prohibited from entering or leaving the UAE for committing a crime, for claims of civil rights against them or for posing a threat to public security. According to Article 94 of the Executive Regulations of Federal Law No 6 of 1973 as amended by Ministerial Decree No 83 of 2002, the following are prohibited from entering the UAE:
    1. Those who have previously committed crimes and a deportation order from the UAE has been issued against them by the competent court;
    2. Those who were deported according to administrative orders issued by the Ministry of Interior;
    3. Those whose activities were reported by the International Criminal Cooperation Administration;
    4. Those who were proved to be have HIV or AIDS or other diseases that the Ministry of Health deems to be threat to public health; and
    5. Those who were deported from GCC countries on criminal grounds."

Being "a runaway" (whatever that means) is a crime?

OP must have been deported by order of the Ministry of Interior, I guess.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 18, 2015, 02:02 PM
    If OP was sponsored by this employer Who put up money that was to be paid back by employee deductions, then yes, it is a crime to them and considered theft. He 'ran out' of his commitment, a signed agreement. Sort of like apprenticing.

OP is not giving us the whole story.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 18, 2015, 03:55 PM
    I think the word "runaway" was lost in translation.

Many companies in UAE employ people from other countries. When said employee does not fulfill the contract, the visa is no longer renewable and that person is blacklisted.

My sister scan expat living in Dubai. Her daughter is in the US in college. Not he niece is required to return to UAE at least twice a year to keep her dual residency. If she does not return, she will be blacklisted as it is her father's company who is paying for her college.
    Ahdms5 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2015, 01:48 AM
    But sometimes people they cant back because of emergency reasons. My company know about that and I was on contact with them the whole time. Would it help if I get NOC letter from them?? And what if I enter with my other citizenship??
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 06:42 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    If OP was sponsored by this employer Who put up money that was to be paid back by employee deductions, then yes, it is a crime to them and considered theft. He 'ran out' of his commitment, a signed agreement. Sort of like apprenticing.

Or indentured servitude. Related, in our history, to slavery.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 07:08 AM
    Seems if you want to get off the blacklist, you either honor your commitment, or have them agree to modify it, and forgive your past action.

That would be up to them, but I doubt efforts to sneak back in without taking care of the reasons you left, will bring the results/outcomes you want, and no telling what the consequences of such actions will be.

In addition to the blacklist, there is also an Administrative List which contains the names of individuals prohibited to enter UAE due to cancellation of their residence permits and those who cannot leave the country and are to be apprehended due to an absconding case filed by their sponsors.
    Overturning Deportation Orders
    A person who has been deported may not return to UAE unless a special permission is secured from the Ministry of Interior. The mechanism to overturn an order of deportation varies as to the cause of such deportation:
    • An amnesty law issued for the crime committed by the deportee or a pardon decree issued for the crime will allow the deportee to return to the country
    Legal rehabilitation • A court decision passed for the deportee
    I highly recommend you seek a lawful resolution before you resort to illegal tactics my friend, whether you think the law is FAIR or NOT. Write your letter to your sponsor, and hope for the best, but plan for the worst.

It was still the LAW subject to punishment and penalty, until it was CHANGED, altered, or modified, over time, and with great struggle.
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 11:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    S... It was still the LAW subject to punishment and penalty, until it was CHANGED, altered, or modified, over time, and with great struggle.
    Such struggle was not only by civil war, subsequent constitutional change, legislation, and social action in our country; but also by international agreement. My point is that the UAE doesn't seem to have fully come on-board to those international understandings.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 19, 2015, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    Yes, and it still happens in Asian countries.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Any information would help Thank you. [ 0 Answers ]

So I had a LEEP done in June and I had my period in Aug. for only two days, and I have not statred for September and I'm two weeks late. I took a test and both came out negative. IDK what to do. Can someone please help me.

Information [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Rachel Hatton and I was fostered from birth. My name was Rachel Leech back then and I was wondering if I can find out what happened. I have heard stories about my real mother and want to see my records to see if they are true. If there is anything you can do to help me can you let...

Useful information [ 10 Answers ]

In ancient Greece, Socrates was reputed to hold knowledge in high esteem. One day an acquaintance met the great philosopher and said, "Do you know what I just heard about your friend?" "Hold on a minute," Socrates replied. "Before you talk to me about my friend, it might be good idea to take a...

I used you information on connecting information from sheet to sheet in Excel and it [ 1 Answers ]

I used your explanation on connecting information from sheet to sheet in Excel and it worked great but I would like to know how to write the formula so that the value will change on sheet 2 when it is changed on sheet 1 automatically if I have to make any changes ? (I am doing year end receipts)

Information? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm doing research for a novel, and if anyone can give me some good information on Argentinosaurus, Amargasaurus, Saltasaurus, and Giganotosaurus, or at least links to some good informational sites, it would be much appreciated.

View more questions Search