Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchy_b Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2007, 09:32 PM
    Series of 4 Fantasy Books, Can't remember Title, Need Fantasy expert!
    ANY FANTASY EXPERT, PLEASE HELP: I was a keen reader when younger and read a series of books ( I am almost certain there were 4) about 4 different children who each had a mastery over a certain element of magic. There was a girl who seemed to use air and stuff, a boy who could grow things and had like a mastery over plants etc. I have had trouble as this seems to be a plotline in a lot of fantasy so for anyone who might like to help me out, I remember that in the Book with the boy that could control greenery, the school/academy where all four of the children studied was being attacked by pirates? Or maybe just people on boats. A lot of the talk was about him and his colleages weaving magic barriers to protect the school. In the end I think his tutor/teacher fell into a coma for some reason and he connects with her magically and pulls her out of it. At the start of one of the books one of the children is like a slave/unemployed and is rescued and taken to this academy thing, can't remember which one. The covers of the books all have decorative backgrounds with the main colour of whatever child is written about e.g. the green kid's cover shows plants or vines or something woven all over the cover, similarly to that of the Quiksilver series. I know it's a little sketchy and the books are possibly considered young reading now but they hold pretty fond memories and any help is very appreciated. :)
    Rayadriel Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Aug 3, 2008, 01:00 AM
    It sounds like the series Circle of Magic by Tamora Peirce. They are young adult/teen books, but good nonetheless. There are more than four books in the series but they all center around those four characters that control the different elements. I hope these are what you're looking for!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fantasy Novel, modern people sucked into fantasy land [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the title of a book I read once that involved modern people being magically transported to a fantasy land. It starts with a male Truck driver picking up a female hitch-hiker. They both have terrible personal lives and not much to live for. While they are driving down...

Another 80s fantasy movie title [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I have never been able to find anyone who remembers these movies but since I see that two others on this website have had their questions answered I thought I would give it a try. There are actually two movies I am trying to find that I used to watch as a kid in the 80s. We had basic cable...

Scifi/fantasy movie title needed [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I remember seeing this movie (I think on the disney channel) when I was younger. There was a girl in white clothes and I think purple hair. She is from another planet and a family takes her in... I remember an odd scene with a toaster..? She also has three moles on the side of her head. I've...

Looking for title of old fantasy series [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to find a book for my brother that he loved as a kid. He said it was an old fantasy series of 5 books that he read in the 80s. He said all he can remember is that the book started with someone rescuing someone else from being hanged or burned, by saying they were magic and could...

Title to an 80's fantasy movie [ 5 Answers ]

My friends and I are on a quest to find the title to a fantasy movie from the 80's. All we can remember is it has two kids about 9-10 on a quest to find a man in a castle w/ a heart of stone and to kill him w/ a sword they get late in the movie. They do kill the guy, when they do, his heart...

View more questions Search