Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sophie123456 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2015, 12:50 PM
    Comitment issues- Is there something wrong with me?
    I am just worried that I am not normal when it comes to relationships. I have never been in a proper relationship before because I won't let myself get into one. I have kissed boys but then I just like to walk away. They always want more. Nearly every time I go on a night out I have boys talking to me asking me on dates, or for my number and they want a relationship in the future or to even go further but I never do. I am scared I never will. I used to get messages and reply but I actually feel sick at the thought of texting someone. I get really scared at the thought of a relationship. I don't know why because all my friends are in relationships and I feel like I want a boyfriend but when I get the chance I really can.t do it. Is that normal?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 01:11 PM
    I think it's normal for YOU, or anyone who hasn't found the one to take the next step from just dating to romance. There is nothing wrong with your normal either. Not saying you may not be weird in your own way, just saying it's perfectly okay to be.

How old are you?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 01:39 PM
    I think the best question is to ask why you are scared? You get into a relationship you will get hurt and nothing will stop that. IT is part of the territory. What you're doing is fine, but if you want change you might want a little introspection to allow you understand what you are doing and why.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 03:45 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...lp-805823.html

Now I understand a bit more of your confusion, and fear.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2015, 05:08 PM
    It sounds as though you haven't met anyone that you really want to have a relationship with just yet. Perfectly normal, in fact, it is better the way you are doing things than the way some girls do... almost desperate to have a boyfriend, getting serious very quickly, having sex to keep him around, etc.

You are allowed to just go out to have fun with a guy... no expectations, just having fun getting to know someone... as in talking and nothing sexual. That's how you learn about other people and what you like and don't like in a guy.

When it's right, you will be more comfortable and actually want to see the person more.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Mar 10, 2015, 06:26 PM
    Define "normal" as in a relationship. Read many of these posts and you won't be able to. The key is do what you want to do when you want to do it and it will be normal for you. There's nothing wrong with moving slowly in a relationship and if your partner is worth it he will respect your wishes.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 10, 2015, 07:56 PM
    Your post seems to suggest that a relationship has to include sex. That is not the case, you can date, go out, have fun and not have sex. It just sounds like you assume any relationship moves to sex quickly. It does not have to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Insecure issues and trust issues [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old and was touched as a child. My dad wasn't there so I feel like no man will ever love me. I don't really have a hard time find one I just have a hard time keeping one. I feel like I push them away with my trust issues and insert. I want a relationship so bad but I'm not sure if I'm...

DNS issues, resolved IP is wrong resulting in 403 error. [ 17 Answers ]

Here is the deal. When associates try to go into carrier websites or any secure website for that matter, they are met with: 403 : Forbidden With a little research this is what I found. Nslookup for 53.com (Fifth Third's website, it's another one that wasn't working) returned an IP address...

Comitment problems? [ 5 Answers ]

This question is for all you men out there ... ladies, feel free to input as well... Do you find yourself having a hard time in committing? Example: Marriage? When is the right time for you to pop the big question? I have read some interesting articles on men and commitment but I didn't...

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

View more questions Search