Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RebeccaB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2015, 08:44 AM
    How is it that SSI can reduce my daughters payment?
    How is it that SSI can reduce my daughters payment, she is permanently disabled for life, using the child support paid by my 14 year old daughters dad who is not the disabled child's father? Why is that counted against the SSI?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 7, 2015, 10:52 AM
    SSI amounts are determined by income of the household, not for each individual.
    Almost all social programs, even the non-welfare ones, are tied to each other, and to things like alimony and child support, part time jobs, every penny coming in.
    The taxpayer is hurting and objecting. All you can do is make sure you are using all possible programs for housing, food, and health.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My daughters father collects SSI and disability, should my daughter qualify [ 1 Answers ]

My daughters father collects SSI and Disability, shouldn't my daughter qualify for some kind of benefits? According to child support, he only has to pay $25.00 a month while I do everything.

My daughters mother does not want support and I'm about to go to jail for non payment [ 10 Answers ]

I need to know what I can do asap. I have to report Monday. How can I get help so I don't go to jail and not have to pay support. I raise my daughter and yet I'm still obglated to pay.. Please help me

Where is my daughters ssi payment coming from? [ 2 Answers ]

I am the custodial parent to my daughter her father who is the non custodial parent was just recently approved and is now receiving ssi benefits, where, when and how does my daughter get her approved ssi benefits paid.

Can Public Asstices garnish my son SSI payment [ 1 Answers ]

Can Pubic Assitince garnish my son's SSI payments. He was approved but PA garnish it. Can they do that?

About my son SSI payment [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I have a 17 year old son who is mildie mental retared, and get SSI, now when he turn 18, does he need to be re-tested for his disabilty? Or does he have to apply for himself since he will be turning 18? And will his check go up? And will he be able to work so many hours a mo. We live...

View more questions Search