Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Colleen Lewin Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2015, 11:02 PM
    Houses
    I gave my ex husband two houses in the divorce. Papers state he had 18 months to get them out of my name. They are in my name only. Divorce was final Oct 5 2012. What can I legally do to get them out of my name? He is chronically late on the payments and it's destroying my credit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 02:05 AM
    I will hope you have not signed over the deed to him, till he refinanced the mortgage.
    But about all you can do, is take him back to court, but if his credit is bad, and if he can not afford to pay them, really there is nothing, and the divorce paper will not stop the bank from holding you liable for the payment. The court needed to have forced the sell, if he could not get a new loan.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Mar 3, 2015, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    ... The court needed to have forced the sell, if he could not get a new loan.
    Yes, and that is what OP should do: ask the divorce court to order that the properties be sold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

5 houses use the same well [ 4 Answers ]

5 houses on 1 well: How can I increase my water pressure, it is so low, it takes a minute to build enough pressure to take a shower.

All my houses seemed to be haunted [ 11 Answers ]

Every house I've ever lived in has seemed to have some paranormal presence. For instance, since I was a few months old up until I was 5 I lived in a small yellow house in a "not too nice" neighborhood. Considering my age, my memories of the house are scarce. My sister, who must have been 15 at the...

Liens on houses [ 1 Answers ]

20 years ago my parents bought a house in virginai. Now my Mother is trying to get a new house built. My Father died in 2000. While trying to get the loan for the new house it was discovered that there is a large lien on this house since before my parents bought the house. The atterny who handled...

View more questions Search