Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jack77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2015, 07:51 PM
    Filed single return and not a joint return
    My wife and I separated in 2012 and I agreed to pay her 700 dollars a month.My
    Mistake was that I filed single for tax year 2013,she did also.I realize this was a
    Mistake and being separated is not a divorse and should have filed jointly for 2013.
    My taxes would have been much lower.Should I file a 2010 even if I will owe no taxes?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 11:22 PM
    Actually, if you were legally separated in 2013, you are permitted to file single.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I filed Amended Tax Return [ 1 Answers ]

I filed Amended Tax Return April 15 2013 when shall I receive it need a date

If you file separately on federal return, can you file joint on state return [ 2 Answers ]

We filed separate on federal return . Question is can we file joint on our state return or not >?

I cannot access a completed and filed return [ 2 Answers ]

I cannot access a completed and e-filed return on turbotax.

Status of return to be filed for 2010 [ 0 Answers ]

I have Join US on L1 Visa from 10th May 2010. I am married & I have a daughter but they are in India & have no plan to come to US for entire 2010. Also I am planning to go back in India in April 2011 for my assignment in India for ever. What should be my return filling status for 2010 ? May be...

Can I apply for exemption after I have filed the return [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible to apply for exemption and or make corrections in the tax filing once it is filed?

View more questions Search