Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huebee23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2015, 04:09 PM
    Is it safe to have sex with a septate hymen?
    Hi, I'm 23 and I went to see a doctor and found out I had a septate hymen and I am in a relationship and my boyfriend who would like to have sex with me but I am afraid to as what I've read said its best to have the surgery first, my boyfriend is making me feel uncomfortable about all of this but he's the first person to like me for who I am, any information would be helpful. Thank you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2015, 06:30 PM
    Outpatient surgery. Have it done first. He can wait and so can you!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 1, 2015, 10:34 PM
    Sex needs to wait till after surgery and after it has healed properly.

Why is boyfriend a problem? If he really like you, really cares for you, then he will understand waiting for sex. If he has too much importance on sex, this is a good sign, that he does not care for you as much as you think.

He should have your health and your problems first,
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 2, 2015, 04:46 AM
    Sounds to me like your boyfriend has made sex a priority over your health. How does he make you uncomfortable? How long have you been with him? If he cares so much then why not tell him he makes you uncomfortable?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Septate hymen [ 18 Answers ]

I've recently found out that I have a septate hymen by doing research on the internet. Like many of the other people that have described their experiences on this site, I have also experienced the pain the occurs when trying to remove a tampon and having the septum stopping me from removing it. I...

Is it a septate hymen? [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 20 years old , I never tried tampons before... And I'm a virgin.. When I was 14 mom told me I should never get anything near my vagina so I don't break my hymen, but she didn't tell me where or how the hymen would look like.. But using a mirror I can see a piece of flesh crossing my vaginal...

How long after septate hymen removal can you have sex? And is a septate hymen normal [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently discovered that I have a septate hymen.. I'm not a virgin and have been haven sex since I lost my virginity at 15.. I really want to get it removed surgically and I'm happy to no now what I have as I was pretty freaked out when I relised there was something there.. I thought that it...

Septate hymen. [ 5 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and have a septate hymen I found out a couple days ago, I'm terrified to tell my mom about it! I really want to get it taken care of now instead of later and I'm not afraid of going into the doctors but I just don't know how to tell my mom. Any advice?

Septate hymen [ 0 Answers ]

I have a septate hymen and it took awhile to use tampons cause I had to move it to the side to insert them. But I just started having sex, and the first time I bleed a lot, and I was sure I felt my hymen break, but it dousnt hurt to check yourself down their, I was curious and took a mirror...

View more questions Search