Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Mar 1, 2015, 12:59 PM
    Best certification to receive for lucrative work?
    Despite the title of the question feel free to offer any advice or what you'd do in my situation. A little back story; I received a promotion at work and I turned it down after a couple weeks on the job. That put me in the labor pool but currently I'm doing my job prior to the promotion. However since I'm in the labor pool the company can move me to any job at anytime.. If they want to put me on third shift or a job to strenuous on my body.

If that happens and I quit I have close to 15 grand saved in the bank. Makes me think about just taking out a small student loan (if I'd even need one) and getting a small part-time job somewhere and go get a certification or perhaps associates degree, I hate the idea of college for FOUR years. When it comes to certification there is a college offering cert in: computerized accounting, engineering design, manufacturing tech, CNC machining, industrial maintenance, community health worker, alternative energy and phlebotomy/EKG amongst others. Many of those aren't suited to my strong points as they all seem mathematical or mechanical in nature.. Things that fascinate me and I'm knowledgeable about are diet, exercise and economics but it's rather difficult to get into those fields. (Personal trainer and personal dietician work is unstable at best. )I want stable good paying employment though so I'd be willing to suck it up and get something in say CNC machining or manufacturing technologies. Do any of you out there have cert. in any of those aforementioned areas? What's the work like, and was it easy to find employment?

A thanks to all who actually READ all that and a big thank you to all who will answer.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Mar 1, 2015, 02:51 PM
    I'd find the career you'd like to have and then seek out job openings. Look at the qualifications needed and that will tell you what you need to do. Don't assume you will "get" a student loan or that you'll be accepted into a program. $15k saved won't last long, so have your plan all worked out before you quit your job.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my husband work and still receive PCA services? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was recently hired to do 2 hours of light cleaning a day at the church. He will be hired on as a paid staff member. But he is currently receiving PCA services due to him being labeled as disabled. He has scoliosis and fibromyalgia. He faces pain on a daily basis but he wants to try and...

How does it work if you have unemployment and receive a 1099 [ 1 Answers ]

I was lad off in May 2009 and this year (2010) I helped a friend with some work. He gave me a 1099. Will I have to pay back any unemployment benefits and not receive any more?

Should I take advantage of a lucrative market? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I was recently offered the opportunity to form a marketing company for a niche market with 1000's of ready clients. However, I'm currently on the dole and am not sure if this is the right time to take the jump. The company would if developed properly, has the potential to be...

Unemployment how long I have to work to receive [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I have to work to get unemployment

Should I take advantage of a lucrative market? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was recently offered the opportunity to form a marketing company for a niche market with 1000's of ready clients. However, I'm currently on the dole and am not sure if this is the right time to take the jump. The company would if developed properly, has the potential to be applied...

View more questions Search