Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    huoguo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 28, 2015, 12:49 AM
    How to keep health for the office lady who stays a lot of time on her seat?
    I'm an office lady, works very long a day in my office. I often sat at least 9 hours a day in the office. It's hard to keep balance in work and sports. What do you often do to keep health in office?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 28, 2015, 03:13 AM
    First, be sure you chair is the right height for your height. With your feet flat on the floor, there should be a small gap between the underside of your legs and the chair.
    Second, don't lean forward. Try to stay straight upright, and keep your back straight. Most of us hunch over.
    Third, don't move one foot under the chair, or lean to one side.
    Fourth, your arm should rest comfortably on the desk, without lifting your shoulder. If you can't, then your desk is too tall. Of course getting an employer to lower a desk is very difficult. But you can't raise your chair unless you have a footstool!
    (I have to constantly remind myself.)

Get up and walk around even for one minute at least twice an hour. Stretch, wiggle, rotate your torso, anything you can do, even if it's standing right beside your desk.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 28, 2015, 05:00 AM
    In addition to what joy has suggested, check various videos online for exercising while seated. Do get up frequently and move about. Make some of your regular movements more productive... park farther away (safely) and walk to and from your work place, use stairs if available, stretch when you reach for something, etc. I know a few people who have switched their office chair for an exercise ball with a stand for back support.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 28, 2015, 05:40 AM
    Here office staff in many places take breaks every 2 hours or so, and do 10 minutes of exercise. Also short walks at lunch, get up a little early and do exercise in morning and every evening.
    huoguo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2015, 01:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    First, be sure you chair is the right height for your height. With your feet flat on the floor, there should be a small gap between the underside of your legs and the chair.
    Second, don't lean forward. Try to stay straight upright, and keep your back straight. Most of us hunch over.
    Third, don't move one foot under the chair, or lean to one side.
    Fourth, your arm should rest comfortably on the desk, without lifting your shoulder. If you can't, then your desk is too tall. Of course getting an employer to lower a desk is very difficult. But you can't raise your chair unless you have a footstool!
    (I have to constantly remind myself.)

Get up and walk around even for one minute at least twice an hour. Stretch, wiggle, rotate your torso, anything you can do, even if it's standing right beside your desk.
    I always forget the second one, it's hard for me to do. What do you mean in the forth step?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Mar 2, 2015, 12:47 PM
    Many of us short people have desks that are too high. When you are seated properly in a chair at the right height for your feet, the rest your arm on the desk. Your arm should not be lifted up at all, and you shouldn't have to hunch down either! We tend to usually raise it, and over the long term, that can create excruciating pain in your neck and shoulder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Blower stays on all the time [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I have a vulcan wall heater about 3 years old when I turn it off the fan slows down but it keeps on running all the time I can only turn it off at the wall can some one help me please.? thanks

My seat belt sensor stays on how do I turn it off for a scion tc 07 [ 1 Answers ]

Took seats out and disconnected airbag and seatbelt sensor from the seat put everything back together and surprised to see my two dash panels sensors are still on.

Cat crying a lot and stays crouched to floor. [ 2 Answers ]

My cat is crying a lot is is staying crouched to the floor while she walks. She has a fever and just wants some one to rub her belly. I canted get her to the vet for 3 more days just wanting to kind of have a heads up of what's going on I am very worried.

Stays hard for a long time [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend stays hard for a really long time... I mean I can get him off it just takes forever! What are some ways to get him off faster during hand jobs/blow jobs?

View more questions Search