Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    debo77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2015, 12:06 AM
    Installing my new Digital thermostat Honeywell RTH2300B1038
    Hello World my name is John and I've got a problem obviously or I wouldn't be here at 2am (est). I planned to replace my thermostat this evening but ran into a problem. Anyway this is what I got took off the old thermostat non- digital. It had four wires red, white, green and blue hooked up to the red- red, green-green, white- yellow and blue- blue on the back of the old thermostat.

Hooked up to the new thermostat red- red without the jumper did not know it needed one because there wasn't one already there, white- white green- green and blue- blue. It all works but my blower motor never shuts off wired this way. So I'm lost I cannot find any related info on the internet. I have tried to hook the white into the yellow but that had nothing working.

I can tell you this the furnace is newer within 6 years it's a Comfortmaker. It is gas with an older central a/c unit. I cannot try the a/c because I'm in Michigan and it is -8F outside right now. Thank you in advance.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 06:45 PM
    We need to know the type of furnace or boiler you have and the model of the new stat. Mostr stats come with a great set of diections on installation, did yours? Most say jumper R to R
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2015, 07:34 PM
    Look at the furnace & wire the stat to the same terminals as marked on the furnace. The jumper between the two R terminals needs to be there. Make sure the fan switch on the stat is NOT set to "on".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing digital thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced an Intertherm analog thermostat with a Hunter Fan digital and the Wire tags used to identify the placement fell off. It is a five wire system and not a heat pump I went by colors and the unit worked all day, I was just running the cooling side.. During the night the outside air...

Old mercury thermostat to new Honeywell digital thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

Old "R" connected to new "R" which is jumpered to "RC" Old "W2" AND "E" connected to new "aux" and jumpered to "e" Old "Y" connected to new "Y" Old "O" connected to new "O" Old "G" connected to new "G" Old "C" (blue wire) not connected?? Honeywell tech support said it is not needed. IS...

I'm replacing a 23 year old manual Honeywell thermostat with a new digital Honeywell [ 1 Answers ]

I'm replacing a 23 year old manual Honeywell thermostat with a new digital Honeywell thermostat model RTH111. The old thermostat has two wires (colors white and red) but no designation on the terminals. This is for a hot water baseboard gas fired boiler. Which terminals do these unmarked wires...

Old Honeywell thermostat - not digital [ 1 Answers ]

You have the temp setting at 70 degrees.. some cold air comes out but 2 hours later the room temp reads 80 degrees on Honeywell , Also have a room thermostat that reads 76 degrees, do I need add'l freon or the thermostat needs replacing.

Honeywell digital thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

Blinking house with #2 inside this picture, what does this represent/mean?

View more questions Search