Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gw1564 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2015, 08:55 PM
    Toxic smell from furance heat vents.
    Strong toxic smell coming from heater vents. It seems to get worse at night as it gets colder, just wondering if I have a Freon leak in my radiator.
    gw1564 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 26, 2015, 10:09 PM
    What type of glue is used in furnaces to hold down the insulation.
    Just want to know what type of glue is used in furnaces, and at what point do they start to gas off.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 27, 2015, 10:11 AM
    FREON??? No, not freon.

Please start at the beginning and describe in detail your furnace or boiler, and the fuel, and do you mean a steam system? You mention vents as well as radiators.
    Also please keep questions together. The one about glue applies here.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2015, 03:31 PM
    Nothing is "glued".. Epoxy or a thermoset and they shouldn't gas off. Is this in relation to "toxic" smells?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 06:39 PM
    Do you have a carbon monoxide detector? You should get one and place it in your home.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 27, 2015, 07:38 PM
    Unusual smells, especially "toxic" smells, are something which require prompt local professional attention. I strongly urge you to contact a local professional service company quickly.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 27, 2015, 08:02 PM
    Have you painted anything lately inside?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find out what is causing a toxic chemical smell under our new kitchen sink? [ 2 Answers ]

About 6 months ago we had a new kitchen installed. This included new cabinets, and a new sink. In the cabinet where the new sink is located there are chemical fumes that have not gone away. None of the other cabinets have this smell. It doesn't smell like food or rotten eggs. It smells more like...

Cabbage smell from gas furnace vents and cold air vents. [ 1 Answers ]

ITs horrible... I really think its making me ill... had a guy check the furnace about 4 yrs ago... its a Carrier high efficiency. I was told it could be the heat exchanger but I don't read anything that says it has this putrid smell. Its like a sewer smell. I need help... I really think I have...

Toxic smell in bathroom [ 1 Answers ]

I have a two bathroom home with sewage pipes that go uphill. The sell isn't sewage just a burning tire scent that's not too heavy. When the home had only one toilet, there was no smell, and the odor is in the original bath not the new one. The new bath toilet leaks from under seat on the floor....

How do I fix an oil furance that smell and has sut? [ 1 Answers ]

My basement oil furnace has little black dots of soot on the pipe to the chimney , floor and top of furnace. Basement has a strong soot smell. How can I fix this problem? The oil furnace is running, but it doesn't sound as strong or clear. (Soot - Black substance formed by combustion or separated...

View more questions Search