Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ilikebacon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2015, 03:16 PM
    PTAC Help
    Amana ptac not heating up checked heat element (coil) with continuity test and turned out OK and voltage test getting 120 volts to both sides of the coil also tried manual reset. All limit switches pass continuity test. Any ideas?
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2015, 03:34 PM
    You have to check for 240 volts to the elements. You can get 120 to ground on each side but still not have 240 since there could be voltage coming back on the same leg through a control or the compressor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PTAC Unit Not Working Well; Please Help [ 0 Answers ]

Hello. I live in a high rise in NYC and my apartment building uses PTAC air conditioning units. I've had problems with all of my units over the years, but currently I'm struggling with the one in the bedroom. It's an Ice Cap unit, and one that I purchased about 10 years ago. My problem is that the...

How to charge a ptac unit [ 0 Answers ]

I need to charge a Amanda ptac Ac unit, where on the suction line should I add my tap on valve to add freon. Please?

Ptac unit Tap on valve [ 0 Answers ]

I need to charge a Amanda ptac Ac unit, where on the suction line should I add my tap on valve to add freon. Please?

Ptac Units [ 0 Answers ]

Have a ptac unit mounted level and it is leaking inside the wall. Will a drain kit help?

Downgrade 30A to 20A Circuit for PTAC? [ 2 Answers ]

All, I am pretty certain this is no problem but wanted to pressure test this before I do it so Im sure I have not missed anything. I have an existing 30A Circuit (consisting of two bridged 30A breakers), serving one Large Tandem 230/208V 30A receptacle for an old PTAC Unit. I am replacing...

View more questions Search