Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    glamourgal732 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2015, 08:24 AM
    Very high heating bills!
    We have a Coleman Presidential electric furnace model# 6806-852. The air coming out of the grills is not very warm. It took 5 hours to warm the house up 5 degrees. Our electric bill is ridiculously high. Thank you in advance!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 25, 2015, 08:41 AM
    What kind of house do you live in and in what part of the world are you? Have you done any maintenance on your furnace and home to keep it working efficiently together?

More details please.
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2015, 03:24 PM
    I believe that furnace is a downflow model with the blower on top. If I'm right, I suggest you check under the house for possible leaking ducts, a very common problem.

In many areas this winter has be unusually cold which will certainly lead to high heating bills.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2015, 06:11 PM
    Mobile or modular home?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 26, 2015, 12:13 PM
    I'm in the northeast, where it's been below zero a lot, and windy. My warm air propane furnace has been taking 4 to 5 times as long to emit warm air.
    My electric rates have been going up steadily too (even though I don't have electric heat).
    405 KWH cost $101 thirteen months ago. Now, same KWH is $136.

My condolences if this is just what you have to deal with, and there's nothing wrong!
    I did seal up everything in sight, especially where I saw icicles on the gutters. Just taping the ceiling fan in the bathroom and not using it helped a lot. Locking the exit door kept that tiny extra bit of heat in. A $2 tiny plastic fan blows heat and moisture from the kitchen to the living area. ALL ICICLES GONE!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Heating and Cooling heating too high and uncontrollable [ 0 Answers ]

We can not control the heat from our Goodman heat pump and a/c unit. If we turn in on at its lowest (67/8 degrees) the house will be 85 degrees within the hour at the house' coolest spot. We have turn on the a/c unit and can't seem to get relief.

A/C Freezing and high power bills! [ 4 Answers ]

HELP!! We moved into a 640 sq. ft. 1 bedroom apartment from a 1,000 sq. ft. town house about 7 months ago. At first the a/c did not cool at all. It actually got hotter with it running. They said it was a dirty air filter causing the problem. I called b/s, and asked them to check the charge. Sure...

High electric bills [ 1 Answers ]

I live in a fairly new community (6 years) of about 600 single family homes. Mine is one of the smallest. My electric bill runs about DOUBLE of all my friends in the community. I have had an energy audit which only found poor attic insulation. I re-insulated the attic with SIGNIFICANTLY higher...

I'm 23 and have high debt cause of medical bills [ 3 Answers ]

I had surgery right before my 19 th birthday and since then I have added lots of debt for lack of no insurance and I don't want to file for bankruptcy so young but have no idea what else to do any ideas will help very much I'm stuck and have my whole life ahead of me trying to start my life and I'm...

HUGE heating bills, VERY LOW cooling bills [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, first timer here. I bought this 43-year-old house last October, app 2000 sq ft, trilevel (main living level, 2 BR/bath up 7 stairs, 2 more BR/bath up 7 more stairs on top level). My heating bills last winter (2 year old Lennox AA600 80% efficiency furnace) were really high, around $300 per...

View more questions Search